Chapter 19

Levi stayed in the hospital for another two and a half weeks. February was a few days away and snow began melting as the days became more pleasant and warm. He looked a lot better each time I saw him. He didn't really question me or fight whenever I'd bring him food anymore. We wouldn't really speak all that much, but it wasn't awkward or anything. I'd just come in the mornings and after school and stay for a couple hours watching a movie on my computer with him or just keeping him company. We'd snuggle up to each other and give each other light pecks on each other's hands as well as necks and cheeks, yet our relationship was so ambiguous and undefined. Things were okay for us right now and I didn't want to ruin anything like I did last time so I just let it be, but I knew that eventually we'd have to talk about where we stood. I'd try and get him to sleep sometimes before I left but he'd always wake up whenever I let him go so I had the doctors bring in a sleep therapist which Levi insulted shamelessly, so they just gave him melatonin and some drugs.

"Wow. You forget how real oxygen smells like when all you've been breathing is hospital air for two weeks." he said, squinting and holding his hand up to the sun.

"You look like yourself again." I spoke as I struggled to hide the grin forming on my face. It was refreshing seeing him in his regular clothing instead of that hospital gown.

"Tch! Whatever. I still don't know why they needed to bring me out in a wheelchair."

"You seem a bit tired today. Did you not sleep again? I would've stayed with you but you know how they are about visiting hours." I brought his hand to my face and kissed it gently. He didn't protest but his eyes would trail off whenever I'd do something remotely similar to that action. I know I seem a bit too physical for our relationship status at the moment, but touch was just how I expressed my affection for someone, so it was frequent. Levi was different. I noticed that he used his words a lot more, and it took him time to be comfortable enough to be able to touch you.

"Yeah. It's fine I got a couple hours." I didn't really wanna leave Levi alone. I didn't trust him to take care of himself yet.

"Hey, I don't know if you're comfortable but maybe you could come to my house for a bit. You seem like you're still not 100 percent so I could make you something to eat or something and we could just chill for a bit."

"Ooo Jaeger's trying to get me alone." he teased.

"Levi."

"Fine fine I get it. You're worried I'll relapse into all that funk again or some shit like that right?"

"I really can't get anything passed you can I?" I said, touching the back of my neck and chuckling.

It was late-morning and my parents weren't home. They never are during this time of day. I'm pretty sure my mom was volunteering somewhere to keep herself busy and you know how occupied my dad can be with work. It was a school day but I had taken the day off to come and pick Levi up and make sure he got home safe and okay.

He had slept a bit in the car as I played a bit of R&B. I found it adorable that he could hum in his sleep sometimes. I was surprised Levi didn't have any prior musical training because he had a rather good ear. Once we got in the house, I led him upstairs and told him that he could sleep on my bed. I had some homework to catch up on so I'd just do some studying on my desk. He eventually ended up crashing on the bed and turning toward the wall.

"Do you want some more comfortable clothes?" I asked innocently.

"Sure." He replied, not even bothering to turn around. I rummaged through my drawers to find the smallest pair of sweatpants and a hoodie I had, but even those would be too big for him. I giggled at that thought. He got out of the room to change, but when he came back I saw just how enormous they were on him.