Chapter 18: No Promises

Maybe it wasn't him, he did seem naturally confused. I sat crossed legged on my bed pondering the thought that maybe, just maybe Leo wasn't the one who had threatened me. Sure, that note said he had, but maybe it wasn't him. I needed to know.

I could just ask him. Yeah, that's what I would do. I would ask him if it was him. He had no reason to lie if I asked him straight up. Did he? My other issue was how was I supposed to ask him. I sighed.

"Lara, Lauren, me and you are going to the fair today," Serena announced loudly. I just raised my eyebrows at her.

"What if I don't want to go?" I enquired, Serena had been overly happy since her date with Wesley and she also thought that since her love life was going so well, she could decide everything for me.

"um...its the fair Alison," She stated as if it was obvious, okay, i'll give her that one. I loved the fair.

"good point," I said, which Serena took as a yes as she waltzed out of the room, pattering down the stairs. I laughed.

I took my laptop out from underneath my bed and watched a few videos and read the news, to keep updated before getting ready. I wasn't in the mood to get all dressed up and it was just the girls so I wore something a little more comfortable, yet pretty. Although I didn't try very hard with my make up.

I found myself sitting back down on the laptop with a chocolate bar I had stashed in my suitcase. I was in the middle of a video when Serena called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Were leaving in five minutes," She screamed.

"Okay," I screamed back, but it didn't come out very loudly since my mouth was full of chocolate.

I closed my laptop deciding to do something a little more productive. I walked around my room for a little while wondering what to do. I spotted my mess of a suitcase and made a face, I should probably fix that.

"Come on Alison, we have to leave a little early. We have to find the fair," I smiled to myself, I wouldn't have to clean it up, I was lazy like that. I ran down the stairs jumping on the last one and smiled at a suspicious looking Serena.

"I know the way to the fair," I said grabbing my green bag from the bag holder in the corner of the room. I remember seeing the fair before I had basically got kidnapped, but I quickly got rid of that thought from my mind.

After we had locked the door, we started making our way to the fun fair. "So, your gonna go on the rides with me right?" I asked Serena, who I always had to convince.

"Um..maybe the merry go round?" She asked full of hope.

"No, please go on some rides with me, I promise it will be great," I said already trying to convince her.

"Fine," She said although I knew she would back out and I would have to convince her later on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 When we finally got to the fair, we saw that Lara and Lauren were waiting for us near the ticket stall so we went up to them.

"Hey," I said smiling at both of them.

"Hey," They replied back.

After we had got our tickets and we had grabbed our map of the fair we started walking for a bit, then stopped.

We spent a few minutes looking at the map trying to work out where to go first and what would be the best way. Lara was the best at directions, so we all let her handle that.