Chapter 38: I want easy

"Why is that such a big deal? I wasn't going to stay here forever now was I?" I asked, getting up.

"Yes, but you don't need to go this soon, you told me you were leaving in three weeks," He said, fuming.

"Well, things changed and i'm sorry if you can't handle that," I said getting more agitated by the second. I grabbed my hair in frustration. He got up, standing on the other side of the bedroom.

"Why did things change?" He asked.

"Because-because," the truth was, because of Serena, but he already knew that.

"So you would rather go home, then spend a few extra weeks with me, that's so nice to know," He said, angrily. "You know I really thought you were different," he screamed.

"I am, Its just-" I was stopped by Leo.

"Wait-" He started, "I could go with you, that's it I could go with you and-" He started but I was already shaking my head.

"No, you can't" I whispered.

"Why?" He asked, his eyes searching my own.

"Because, your life belongs here," I insisted.

Before I could stop him, Leo stormed off. I chased after him, but he stormed out of the door quicker than I could run.  I sighed loudly and sat on the wooden staircase. 

"Whats wrong?" Lauren said, walking up to me. 

"Nothing, everything's fine," I lied. 

Lauren just gave me a look that said really? How about you try the truth or a better lie?

"Okay, Leo found out about me going in a few days, and he didn't like that I didn't want him to come back with me," I said, sighing.

"But why can't he come with you? And why can't you stay longer," She asked, patiently. Her hand leaning on the banister.

"Don't you want him to stay?" I asked in shock, I had always thought that Lauren and Leo were close.

"Yes, I love my annoying cocky brother - but i'm going to be going away for college  little while after the summer, and it would be great for him to move to London, he could really become something," She replied.

"But-but he belongs here," I replied, defeated.

"I'm sure he can find a hotel or somewhere to stay if your mum and dad-" She started but I cut her off.

"No, my Mum actually offered to have Leo come stay with us, but he lives here, his friends, his life, he's happy here," I replied.

Lauren stayed quiet, she knew that we would otherwise be arguing over the same points for hours on end, "Why do you have to go so quickly though? I would love to spend more time with you," She asked looking down at me.

"You know why," I stated, simply.

 "But Serena-" She started but I cut her off.

"But what? Serena was my best friend for more than fourteen years, and what? Just 'cause everyone here thinks she's not a good person or that she's a slut doesn't mean that I am not allowed to miss my best friend, because that what she was, my best friend," I said getting up and walking away quickly, brushing past Leo who had made his way back inside.

I walked as quickly as possible to the beach house, leaning on the porch banister - rubbing my face with my hand. The sun was right above me preventing me from seeing much apart from the rays of sunshine.

I didn't have my keys, I had forgotten them in my bedroom, I tried my hand at the golden door knob and after a tug it opened, creakily.

Serena was putting away sugar in the cupboard, when she turned around. A slight surprise gave away the idea that she was expecting Connor. I raised both my eyebrows at her before heading to grab some water to cool down.

I leaned on the marble counter, "Hi," She said simply giving me a small, hopeful smile. I raised one corner of my lips at her, but quickly returned to drinking my water.

She was about to walk out when I stopped her, I thought she deserved to know even though I fully didnt understand why I had to tell her. "I um," I started making her stop in her tracks. "I slept with Leo," I said, looking her in her light blue eyes for the first time in a long time. I cleared my throat.

"Yeah, um...it was really special, it felt right," I continued.

"Whoa! I hope he was the one-" I stopped her almost immediately.

"Yeah he was, and he didn't use me for sex so I guess he's not as bad as you made him out to be," I stopped myself from getting angry and breathed in and out, levelling my breathing. 

After a few awkward moments of silence I spoke up, it was time to tell her! "I'm leaving in a few days," I continued before downing the rest of my water and dropping the clear glass by the sink.

"How many days?" She asked, cautiously.

"To be exact," I turned around to face her. "Four."

"But you still have the rest of the summer..." She trailed off.

"I got accepted at the TA College for Art," I said, trying to repress my smile and joy.

"Oh Alison, that's amazing, you've wanted to go their for the longest time," She said, shrieking with joy. I smiled back at her...kinda like how it used to be, and for a second I thought that maybe things could go back to how they used to be.

I opened the cabinet searching for some snack food when a bottle of pills fell out, Serena went to quickly grab the container but I was quicker. "Hm...I'm guessing these are the tablets you gave me that night at Connor's party when you made me believe I was drunk," I gave them back to her which she took in her perfectly delicate hands. She gave me a sympathetic smile while I resisted the urge to smile back.

"Hey Babe," Connor called coming in and retreating when he saw me.

"Hey Connor," I said before walking straight back out, which was stupid! Why couldn't I just face him? I sat down on the porch steps, exhausted. I closed my eyes, while leaning against the white wall when I felt a pair of warm arms wrap around me.

"Mind if I join you?" Leo whispered in my ear.

I shook my head but didn't say anything. He sighed, "look at me," He said moving my head so that I was looking into his gorgeous green orbs, before I quickly looked away again.

"You don't need to be shy in front of me," He replied, lifting my head up again, "I'm sorry," He said, looking straight into my boring brown eyes.

"For what?" I asked, even though I knew.

"For being inconsiderate about you and Serena, it must really hurt," He said, quietly.

"Yeah," Was all I said.

"But I'm still coming home with you," He continued.

"What!? No," I said quickly and ready to make my argument even stronger this time around.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because-" I started.

"Would your Mum mind?" He asked.

"I don't think she would want-" I started again, I was  getting agitated with the interruptions.

"You don't want me to go with you," he said quietly looking down, and I thought I saw him get teary eyed?  "I phoned your Mum, after Lauren mentioned something in passing, she said it was fine for me to come and that you just didn't want me to," He said quietly.

"No, It's not like that-" I said, trying to pull him back but he was already headed for the beach. I stayed leaning against the wall watching him from a distance as he stood in the water.

 Hey :) Sorry for not updating in so long!! I've been really busy...please comment and vote it motivates me to write :P And thank you if you're still reading even though this chapter is soo extremely boring!! Sorry :(