Chapter 30: Romeo's

"Serena wake up, we're running late," I screamed at Serena who had fallen asleep on the chair in my room.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," She said before pulling the blanket tightly around her.

I grabbed my phone and keys, dropping them into my studded bag and walking out of the door, it was better for one of us to be late. When I got there, I noticed Lara who hadn't been coming to work for a few weeks and immediately froze, after I had collected my thoughts I continued making my way to the counter.

"Hey," I greeted, feeling awkward.

"Hi," Lara replied, obviously looking around for Serena.

"She's coming in a minute, she was just running late," I said putting on my apron.

"Cute nails" Lara stated, I looked at my green painted nails that had been done a week ago. I raised my eyebrows at her, but turned around to start making coffee.

"I'm sorry," Lara sighed.

"Its okay," I said, not making eye contact.

"No you don't, I'm really sorry about what I did to Serena, I didn't mean to hurt her-" She started.

"No offence, but should you be telling Serena this," I spoke through squinted eyes.

She stood there for a second, not knowing how to reply. I sighed, "My summer is coming to an end and god its been eventful and sure I was really angry when I walked into you and Wesley but who am I to judge? I was angry because Serena was my best friend and I don't like seeing her hurt, especially when her boyfriend, that she loved, goes and sleeps with a friend of hers that doesn't give a shit about her," I tried to keep calm. "That's the thing that angered me so much, that instead of just being honest and telling her that you two were in love with each other, you decided to fuck each other without her finding out," I said trying to maintain staying calm.

"I'm sorry," Lara said.

"No you're not," I replied.

She looked up shocked, "You love Wesley and I get that, Wesley is a really cool guy and I hope you guys are happy together," I said smiling at her genuinely.

She looked shocked again, but had no time to reply as Serena walked in. "What we talking about?" Serena asked looking mostly at me.

"Nothing much," I replied, shrugging.

A little child, with dusty blonde hair walked through the door. Serena sighed and Lara was with another costumer so I served him, plus I liked children.

"Hello sweetie," I said in a sweet tone.

"Hello," He said smiling, jiggling the change in his hand.

"What would you like?" I asked.

"A chocolate ice-cream please," He said, I was towering over the counter to look at him.

"Oh! You like chocolate too," I said smiling at him.

"Yeah," He said nodding his head happily.

I gave him his chocolate ice-cream, "Chocolate buddies," I said giving him a pinkie promise.

"Yeah," He said happily before he walked off eating his ice-cream. "Wow! You're good with kids," I heard Leo say behind me.

"Yeah," I replied simply.

"She doesn't want to  talk to you," Serena said, stressing each word.  I glared at her, but she didn't seem to notice, she was too busy staring at Leo.

"Okay," I said slowly, walking away.

"Wait Alison-" Leo screamed his hand going up to grab his hair in frustration when I went to the back room to get more sugar for the coffee machine.