Chapter 17: Serena

So I decided that I would do a Serena POV so you get to know her better :) also, sorry I havent updated :(

SERENA'S POV-

"No your kidding right?" I laughed with my mouth wide open. Me, Alison and Lara were at the cafe laughing at a joke in a book someone had left on the table. There weren't many people in the cafe today, which I was glad about. I didn't particularly enjoy working at the cafe, but Alison had to work so I just went along with it.

For a short while I zoned out, thinking about my date with Wesley. I had really enjoyed going out with him and I was really looking forward to seeing him again, I looked at Alison, if only she knew. I sighed spotting a large group of people coming inside the cafe. This was going to be a long few hours.

I was serving a little boy, who was alone, but then I heard the door open I sighed looking up but instead of seeing some annoying customers, I saw Wesley. My god he was hot. I smiled.

"Hey there," I said trying to act cool.

"Hey," He said smiling widely.

"I cant wait for our date tonight" He half whispered.

I laughed, why was I laughing exactly? Wow! That made me look dumb.

"Yeah...um...me too," I said stuttering slightly but I tried to look sexy by twirling my hair, it was going well until Alison came up to us.

"Um...you two can flirt later, but if you look behind you, you will see that a line has formed, see..." She said gesturing towards the line.

"Oh sorry," Wesley said sheepishly, he looked cute.

I pulled him to one side and started to talk to him again. Alison and Lara could take care of that group of people. I served them yesterday and they were just a little too cocky. They made me change there order about three times.

Wesley and I talked for a couple of minutes before he said that he should get going because he needed to be somewhere. I frowned slightly as he left. I guess I should just work. I looked up at the clock there was only a little more than an hour left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Work was finally over. I was in my room picking out a simple outfit to wear, since it was only the cinema, but I still wanted to look hot.

I picked out a green top attached to a skirt and some jewellery. I didn't have much else to do for an hour or so, so I went into Alison's room to find her. I heard the light strumming of a guitar, so I stood outside the closed door just listening. She had a beautiful voice, I just wished she wouldn't be so shy and sing in front of people.

I heard the door bell ring. I didn't want Alison coming out to open the door 'cause then she would have known I was listening to her play so I walked extra loudly.

I looked at the silver clock in the living room, odd he was quite early. I opened the door to see non other than Connor.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed my mood automatically changing.

"To find you baby," He said giving me a flirtatious grin. Why was he here?

"You need to go," I hissed when Wesley came at that exact moment.

"Oh hey Wesley," I said when I noticed him.

"Hey," He replied warily seeing Connor.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked me still looking between us two.

"Yeah, let me just go and get my bag and shoes," I replied simply, glaring at Connor before going back inside to get my bag and shoes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Um...you took the wrong turn," I said pointing towards the dark road.

He didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Were going to another cinema," He said.

"Oh okay," I said slightly confused. "But, we could go to one nearer-" I was interrupted by Wesley.

"Trust me, this ones better," He said again looking straight ahead. I sighed, how could one cinema be better than another?

I was getting a little worried, we had been driving for ages and at this rate we would miss the entire movie, including the credits.

I was about to ask Wesley if we were going to be there anytime soon, but he started to speak instead. "so we're here," he said staring at me while smiling widely.

I just stared at him, then I looked around, he had took so long that the the sky overhead was now a royal blue colour, and I could barely see anything apart from the light from a few shops and lamp posts.

"Um...so where exactly is the cinema?" I asked.

He smirked, "C'mon," He said getting out of  car. I started getting out of the silver Mercedes when Wesley came up to me.

He closed the door behind me and lead me into a dark forest. I frowned, I didn't like surprises. Alison loved them, but I hated them because if you didn't like the surprise, you were screwed.

I looked around the dark forest, my hands were becoming sweaty.

"Okay, close your eyes," I did as I was told nervously.

He started to laugh, "Don't worry, I promise," He said.

He started to lead me again, I couldn't feel as many twigs as before, I didn't know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Okay, you can look now?" He said sounding slightly worried that I might not like it. I opened my eyes slowly. Wow! It was fantastic.

There was a huge tree and in front of it was a large screen, under the tree was a red and white checkered cloth along with a white basket. There were lots of little fairy lights lined around the trees and the screen. I walked around a little.

"W-wow," Was all I could say.

"Glad you like it," He said smiling. I smiled back.

"C'mon sit down," He said sat down leaning against the tree.

"How did you-" I asked.

"A few years ago, after exams a lot of us from school were near by, we found this place and now nobody really uses it, so I thought I could take you here," He finished off.

"Cool," was all I said. Were we just gonna have a picnic?

As if reading my mind, he said "And, I found the movie you said you wanted to watch, its not the one in the cinema but I hope that's okay," He said sounding nervous.

"Its okay," I said smiling, I kissed him on the cheek. I really didnt mind.

We started watching the movie, and it was really good, we also ate and half way through we stopped watching the movie and just talked. "I really like you," Wesley said quietly.

"I like you too," I said as he leaned in and closed the gap between us.

"It's getting really dark, we should head back," I said.