Chapter 15: Volleyball

I sat on my bed staring at the rose, I was so disgusted, it was unbelievable and I was really creeped out. I placed the rose on by bed side table and went downstairs to get something to eat. I had had a great night with Connor and I was done reminiscing about this. 

I went downstairs and got a can of Sprite, and some left over pasta Serena had bought yesterday when I was out. I heated it up in the microwave for a few minute then sat down on a stool.

Although the date with Connor went better than I could ever have imagined, I was still more than a little confused, he had been so mean, and now all of a sudden he liked me? I guess people can change or maybe I just didn't know the real him. I was just finishing my pasta when Serena came down the stairs.

"Hey Alison," She said far too excited.

"Oh no, what is it?" I asked.

"Nothing, why cant I just be cheerie?" She asked.

"Never mind," I replied warily, "So what are we going to do today?" I asked.

"Well, I don't know, wanna go and see the city more?" She suggested.

"Yeah sure, that'll be fun," I replied enthusiastically.

Serena had now grabbed a bowl of porridge. We were just chatting about what we were going to do and our plans when Wesley walked in. Although mostly our door wasn't locked when we were here in the house during the day time , it would still be polite to knock.

"Hey Wesley," I said as he walked in.

" Hey Ali," He replied back, Serena and Wesley also greeted each other.

"So, were all going to play a game of volleyball in the beach today, wanna come join?" He asked.

"Yes," Serena replied ecstatic.

"Who's gonna be there?" I asked.

"Me, Noah, Leo, Connor, Lauren and Lara," He replied. I knew all of them apart from Noah and I really didn't want to see Leo again, but I was excited to see Connor. Plus, Serena had just bailed on me so what was I gonna do all by myself? Apart from mope.

"Okay, cool" I said casually even though a million thoughts were going through my mind. After that I left the room and went upstairs, when I got there I check my phone to see I had a text from Connor.

Hey wanna go out again on Friday?

I replied Sure! It will be fun :)

I then realised that Serena had given him my number, 'cause I hadn't. I sat cross legged on my bed deciding on what to do. I decided to draw since I hadn't drew anything since I had got here and I had intended to.

I got out my drawing pad from my brown suitcase that was sitting in the corner and turned my head to my window. I started sketching the sun and the ocean with the little children running towards the water, You could also see a little bit of our porch.

I usually don't  colour in my drawing, mostly because I draw portraits but this time it was a scenery so I got my yellow, brown, blue , green and pink colouring pencils and started to shade it in. I was actually quite proud of this drawing, I liked it a lot.

After I had finished I looked at the time and realised that it was nearly time to go and play volleyball at the beach. I hadn't been to the beach in a few days now and I was actually really thrilled, I tried not to think about the fact that Leo was going to be there and I was sure he was going to try to speak to me. Other than that, I really wanted to see Lauren again.

I got up, and changed out of my pyjamas, it may be the middle of the afternoon but I couldnt be bothered to change this morning and neither had Serena. I changed out of my pyjamas and into a pink dress that came up to my knees so I could look cute yet play without any difficulty. I hoped I wouldn't have to play too much, I was okay at sport but it wasn't my favourite thing in the world, I had never played volleyball before and plus it was blazing temperatures outside.