Chapter 41: True Love

BEWARE: EXTRA CHEESY CHAPTER UP AHEAD.

I walked slightly behind Leo, and was jogging every once in a while to keep up with him! I wanted to tell him to slow down, but it didn't look like he was in the mood. The sun was setting by the time we got to the skateboarding rink.

I stayed silent, swaying from one side to the other, refusing myself the simple pleasure of looking at his face.

"Why'd you lie?" Leo asked, in a monotone voice. I was about to answer when he said, "And you can't say the same thing again."

"I didn't mean to hurt you, or lie to you - but i'd rather leave knowing that we had a really good time together, than for you to move in with me, and for us to just - grow apart," I spat out.

"But I'm willing to take the chance," he moved closer to me, "why isn't what I think important?" He asked.

"It is," I said, simply.

He placed his hand on my cheek gently, "Well it doesn't feel like it."

"I-I know," I stuttered, "but I'm Seventeen and you're eighteen, isn't that a little young?" I inquired.

"What does age matter, if we believe in true love?" He asked.

"Well, true love isn't really a fan of teenagers," I replied.

"Why do you think everything through so much?" He sighed. It was true, I did, because I was always scared of letting someone down, or being let down. I thought about everything I did a million times before making a final decision, to avoid anything going wrong.

After a long silence, he piped up "well, I've thought this through."

I nodded, unsure of where this was going exactly, "Since, it's obvious that you're just as stubborn as me, or more so. I guess that you're really leaving - so let's enjoy the time we have together, I don't want to fight," He exclaimed. "And everything will be alright, okay?"

I tried to hold back my tears, as I nodded, "Come on, let's skateboard," He said, pecking me on the lips before walking backwards, and just like that our conversation had ended. It was my fault, he was doing what I wanted, but maybe, jusy maybe, I still wanted him to fight for me. It was selfish of me, but it was true.

I followed, but I was walking in heels and a dress, so it slowed me down. "Here, take off your dress," He said unzipping the back.

"We are not having sex in the middle of a skateboarding rink," I stared at him in disbelief.

Leo smirked, "Like you wouldn't be excited if we did," he said winking.

I scoffed, but didn't say anything. "Then why do I need to take off my dress?" I asked, as he became leaving a trail of kisses down my neck, I moved my head further up to give him better access.

"We're skateboarding," He said laughing against my skin, as if the answer should be obvious.

I frowned, "I am not skateboarding in my underwear," I informed him.

"Wouldn't dream of it," he whispered into my ear, but I could tell that the thought excited him just a little.

"That's a pretty weird fetish Leo," I teased.

I resisted the urge to moan, as he unzipped my dress and took off his shirt. "Here put this on," he said, giving me his crisp white shirt.

Even though I was ashamed of my scars, as they were a constant reminder of a thought I wanted  to forget. They were a part of me, and I had to learn to live with that. However, that didn't stop me from trying to cover my thighs a little.

"Don't cover them, I love all of your flaws and it doesn't make me love you any less,"

"I have a lot of flaws?" I asked, focusing on completely the wrong thing.

He smiled, "but I love them, which doesn't make them flaws - it makes you perfect," He placed his lips gently on mine, biting the bottom of my lip. 

 I rolled the sleeves of Leo's shirt up to my forearms, "I am so ready to beat you," I said as I took off my heels.

He laughed, "Yeah right," He grabbed the black and yellow skateboard from the ground, which made me think that he had planned on coming here. I sat at the top, watching as he went down and did a few impressive tricks - but I could do better, of course.

"Okay, my turn," I said, grabbing the skateboard when he was finished and doing some tricks that I had learned thoroughly.

It felt good skateboarding again. The sky had turned a greenish-pink colour, and I felt a sense of pride when Leo seemed impressed.

After a while of doing tricks, we were pretty tired - so we sat on top of the skateboarding rink to rest.

"Phone. Everyday," Leo stated.

I nodded, I didn't really believe that would work out,  phoning every day for about two years without seeing each other, two years was a long time, and Leo knew it just as well as I did.

He slung his arm around my neck, kissing my cheek. "What to do now," he whispered before tilting my head and kissing me. It was full of meaning.

We talked for what felt like hours, the sky had almost turned a royal blue colour and neither of us wanted to leave, because as soon as we left - we knew we only had a short amount of time left. "I love you," I whispered against his lips.

"I love you more," he said with a cocky smirk on his face.

"Not possible," I inquired, shaking my head.

"Yes, it is," was all he said. "Thank you."

I frowned, not sure why he was thanking me, "Why?" I asked.

"Because of you, I don't have a desire to be with anybody else, and I don't care if I have to wait two years, because you had the ability to change me - and that means you're the one," he said, in a low hush. "You're something special."

For some reason I chocked on my own spit, and tears made their way down my cheeks, "I-I" I didn't know what to say so instead I said "I love you."

We hugged then, and stayed like that for a while, both silently crying. I knew Leo was the one when tears started dropping from his cheeks onto mine.

I wiped them away with the pads of my thumb, "we'll be okay," I said trying to reassure myself more than him.

And after that we talked about everything we could think of, movies, superheroes, music.  Never once mentioning that in less than forty-eight hours, I would be gone.

"Maybe we'll be the exception for true love," was the last thing I heard Leo whisper, before I fell asleep on his shoulder, safely wrapped in his arms.

That moment when I decide to listen to "hey there Delilah" since you know, I put it on my chapter - and he says "two more years and you'll be done with school" seriously...it's not a coincidence, my mind just works in amazing ways. *cough* genius *cough*

Vote/comment, I love hearing feedback :)