Chapter 23: New friends and old enemies

Picture of Elizabeth at the side...

I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I knew that there was no getting out of it. I had to tell Connor about my uncle now. I mean, I said that I loved him. I had allowed myself to trust him, and was time for that commitment to come into play.

I hadn't been to work all week, because the Cafe was closed for this week and it was fun, although I didn't want to be running down on cash.

I sat on the bed and took out a magazine from the drawer. I started looking over it, seeing the latest trends and celebrity gossip. I was mindlessly flicking through the pages when I saw Serena walk in. She looked happier than usual, although Serena was usually always happy.

"Why are you extra happy?" I asked sitting up from my position on the bed.

"Serena came and sat beside me, "You know when you said you loved Connor, I saw you take a minute to think about it...so um, how did you know you loved him?" She asked me.

"Um..." I thought for a second. "I guess I just knew, because when you love someone you don't think about it, you just know," I said, but my thoughts took me away from Connor.

"I think I'm in love with Wesley, like really in love with him, okay I don't think, I know but I don't want to say it to him 'cause he might not feel the same way," she said in a rush.

"Well you'll never know if you don't try, I'm sure he feels the same way," I said reassuring her.

She smiled, "I hope so."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just walked out of the shower to see Connor sitting on my bed, "Ahhh," I screamed loudly. Okay, I really needed to have a word with Serena, I mean sure Connor might be my boyfriend but that doesn't mean she can just let people into my room.

I quickly got back into my bathroom and closed the boor. I stared down at the scars on my leg. I was going to have to show him one day. Then I finally noticed...I had no clothes to change into. Oh no!

I could only hope Connor would be helpful.  "Um, can you pass me the clothes on the bed please?" I asked slowly carefully poking my head out.

He looked at me for a few seconds, his head slanted. "Sure," he came up to me, I started backing away from the door a little making the gap smaller and smaller.

"Thanks," I whispered when he handed it over brushing my hand slightly. I smiled at him slightly taking the clothes and closing the door behind me. I got changed quickly dreading what Connor was going to say.

I stayed in the bathroom for a minute longer than I needed to - it was msotly to calm my breathing. I came out to see Connor looking through my books. He turned when he saw me. "You really love to read, don't you?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said quietly, smiling.

 He came over to me and placed his strong hands on either side of my cheeks and leaned down and kissed me. His lips were so soft. as I kissed him back,  he bit my tongue eager for access into my mouth, I opened my mouth and we were in an intense kiss. He slowly started moving his hands to my waist rubbing slightly. He went under my lace cream top and placed his hand delicately on my waist. He finally broke the kiss, he went down to my neck and sucked on it for a few seconds. I moaned loudly.

"You like that?" He whispered into my ear.

I nodded slowly my eyes still shut. He took one hand and placed it on my cheek. God, he was so good at kissing.