Chapter 29: Another Day

I sang my heart out to the latest album from my favourite band, Elizabeth joined in.

"Wow! You're a good singer," Elizabeth remarked.

"Thanks," I said smiling shyly. "Not many people hear me sing," I continued.

"They should, you should sing at the bonfire, everyone would love it," She exclaimed loudly.

My eyes went wide, I would probably faint if I did that, "No," I said quickly, stretching the word to make more of an impact. 

"Why not?" Elizabeth pouted her red lips.

"um...why do you think?" I expressed.

"Fine! But you should at least think about it," She looked around my bedroom "God! I love your room," Elizabeth complimented.

"thanks, its a little too big for me though, I don't have that much stuff," I replied, smiling.

"So hows Serena doing after the Wesley and Lara drama," Elizabeth asked. After everything that had been going on, I had proceeded to vent to Elizabeth who now knew everything.

I sighed, "I dunno! Its like shes happy about them breaking up, I haven't even heard her cry once," I stated.

"You know, Wesley and Lara are so close, they've known each other for as long as I can remember, I mean I do feel bad for Serena but-" She stopped not knowing how to finish.

"But Serena isn't right for him," I sighed again. I felt the urge to ask about Serena and Leo maybe she knew something Serena hadn't told me.

"You were here the summer that Serena came right?" I asked, cautiously.

"Yeah," She said almost silently.

"Did you ever see her?" I asked, hoping she would give me a good answer.

"Yeah, I saw her...sometimes," Elizabeth said quietly looking down at my covers. I frowned at her reaction.

"Um...well how was she?" I asked with more urgency in my voice.

"She was cool," She stated simply.

"Elizabeth, just tell me," I persuaded her.

"Serena and Leo, they hooked up...a lot, I think Serena might have loved him but he didn't want anything serious. Leo isn't that type of guy," When she spoke I couldn't help but feel a little down hearted.

 "Alison?" Elizabeth asked with concern.

"Why would I care? I'm with Connor and he's amazing," I said smiling genuinely, but I couldn't help feeling bad for Serena.

"So, you and Serena have been friends for a long time?" She asked.

"Yeah, from the very first day of school, after that we were inseparable," I said smiling.

"Like me and Noah," She said shrugging her shoulder and smiling.

"Yeah," I whispered. "Only, I don't plan on ever dating Serena," I laughed.

"Yeah, okay," Elizabeth laughed punching me lightly in the arm. "I love Noah, he's...perfect," She said after some thought.

"Have you and Serena ever gotten into a fight before you guys came here?" Elizabeth threaded carefully, looking me in the eyes. I looked down feeling uncomfortable.

"No!" I said immediately with no thought, "Actually this one time, when she got jealous of me we had a huge argument, that lasted two days, but that was ages ago," I laughed nervously. It had been so long ago that I hadn't really thought about it til now.