Chapter 28: The Perfect Summer Plan

Okay  guys, so however many chapters were left,  I think I'm going to shorten it a bit and end it because I am really busy but I don't want to leave you all hanging! Im going to try and finish this!! Sorry for not posting in so long...

"Where are we going?" I giggled, Connor had woke me up at five AM in the morning to take me on a date. Seriously, Serena really needed to stop letting him in that early. Do you know how hard it is to look pretty and sound happy at the same time?

Not to mention I had to get changed extremely quickly. He had blindfolded me before I had got out of the car and I was really curious to see where he was taking me. I didn't like surprises when I was scared I might not like them.

He took my blindfold off finally. The only things I had felt on my way up here were...sticks? My eyes took a few moments to adjust to the light, but when I did I saw a early morning picnic layed out for us. I smiled as widely as my mouth could manage. It was just breaking dawn and next to the picnic was a lake.The cool water was shimmering, and I sat down kicking my shoes off and placing my feet in the cold water.

"Aren't you cold? It's freezing in there," Connor asked.

I shrugged, holding on to the edge of the wood so I didn't fall. "For a bit, but after a little while you don't feel anything," I replied remembering Leo's words.

He came and sat beside me, and we sat and talked, laughed and obviously ate! I looked at the royal blue watch on my hand "I have to get back, I have work," I said sadly, kissing him on the lips. "Thank you," I said sincerely.

"No problem babe," He said smiling. He got up and kissed me again.

We packed everything away and drove back, the place we had gone looked just like the countryside with lots of unused land.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Serena?" I shouted the minute I got through the door.

"Serena just left, you just missed her," Wesley said. I jumped slightly.

"I'm sorry I told her, but shes my best friend and I cant lie-" I started.

"No, its okay I realised that I loved Lara from the start, I mean I'm sorry for what I did to Serena I know that was wrong, but I have loved Lara for two years. I just didn't know it, but really Alison, Serena isn't always the nicest person," He threaded carefully.

I frowned "I'm happy I made you realise that," I replied, not knowing what to say after that, I moved from side to side. I know that some people might get the wrong idea about Serena but she was an amazing best friend, and even though he had cheated on Serena, I was happy for him.

"You're coming to the bonfire right?" He asked after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah," I replied simply. "I have to go to work, so I'll see you later," I said, smiling.

I walked slowly to the cafe dreading the day for once, I noticed Serena sitting on a wooden stool flicking through a magazine but there was no sight of Lara.

"Hey," I said carefully, I was still a little worried that she was angry at me, somehow blaming me.

"Hey," She said smiling widely.

The day went as usual, mostly the same customers walked in but after a while Elizabeth entered. "Hey," I almost screamed excitedly.

"Hey Ali, just wanted to check you're still coming to the bonfire," She stated.

"Yeah, of course," I replied.

"That's amazing! Its going to be so much fun, um, can I have a Large Coffee please?" She asked taking out the money from her yellow bag.

After Elizabeth had left I turned to Serena, "God, everyone is talking about this bonfire," I stated hoping for a reply.

"Yeah, I know right! I went to one a few summers ago, it was perfect!" She replied happily. I nodded in response. I wanted to ask her what people did, but we had customers.

The shift was long and we recived our wages before leaving. "I really love Connor," I told Serena out of nowhere, remembering our date in the early morning.

She looked at me for a little while before answering, "I'm really happy for you," and she did sound happy when she said it but I knew she was still upset about Wesley, but for once I really didnt want to deal with her problems. I just wanted to be happy and my perfect summer was finally going to plan.

Sorry this chapter was so short!! Next one will be longer...promise. thank you for reading! x