Chapter 20: Lies

I cant believe how many chapters Ive written!! Thank you so much for reading :) x

"Have we got crisps?" Serena asked standing behind the kitchen counter.

"That would be a no," I said slowly after checking in the cupboards even though I knew that we didn't have any.

Serena was freaking out about this small gathering, I don't even know why. It was only two friends coming over.

"Look, I'll go to the shops and get some food, okay?" I offered.

"Really? Thank you so much Alison," She said coming up to me and hugging me.

To be honest, I was glad to be away from Serena for a while, I wasn't even going to be here for most of the day anyway, since I was going out with Connor. I grabbed my leather jacket and my bag along with some money and started going to the nearest food store nearby.

When I got inside the small shop  I grabbed some crisps like Serena had requested, I didn't know what flavours Lara and Lauren liked so I got a few different ones and I couldn't help myself I got my favourite chocolate bar, Galaxy. 

I didn't have much money left, so I got a few more chocolates and sweets, and since it was only a small food store there weren't many people in side, so I paid for it fairly quickly.

When I got back, I put the white plastic bags on the counter and went upstairs to find Serena, odd she wasn't here. I frowned slightly and went back downstairs to get all the food ready. I wondered where she could be.

I put the food out in bowls and placed it on the large table in the living room and then went back upstairs to pick out some movies, as I had realized Serena hadn't taken any out. Maybe she had gone to get some? I went to Serena's room to get the stack of movies she had on a shelf. I knew she wouldn't mind. It was just the movies shelf.

I started looking at all the movies we had. There was a very wide variety of romance movies and scary movies as well as sc-fi which I wasn't too keen on. I picked out a few from different categories and my eye caught on a book from the bookshelf. Not that Serena read but I guess that was the decor of the room.

I saw a old book, I used to love and took it out. It was about a girl who had a dream and one day it came true. I really loved it. I took it out curious to see it, when I took it out a piece of folded paper fell out. I picked it up to put it back into the book but I saw what was on the cover. It was a picture of Serena with Connor both smiling for the camera. I frowned, that doesn't make sense she told me she didn't know him before this summer.I flicked through the pages of the book quickly and another picture caught my eye of Serena and Leo.

I sighed, I was so sick of the lies. I placed the book back along with the photo of Serena and Connor but took the one with Serena and Leo, and then I left with the movies.

Serena came back a while later as I was reading a book on the floor. "Hey, where were you?" I asked Serena.

"Um...Wesley called me so I went over. I hope you don't mind," Serena said apologetically.

"No, I don't mind, was Connor there?" I asked.

"He left when I got there," She replied sincerely.

"Oh," Is all I replied.

Serena was about to go upstairs before I asked her, "So, um you didn't know Connor or Wesley before this summer right?"

"No, I already told you that," She said faking confusion.

"Really? Are you sure about that?" I asked accusingly.

"Yeah," She said slowly.

"So, what was that picture of you and Connor then?" I asked bluntly.