Chapter 14: Date night

I was at work thinking about the facts that Serena had only gone and got me a date with Connor, you know that guy who's guts I hated, I bet hes only going out with me for a dare. Serena went on a date with Wesley, she did not need to go and get me a date. I sat on the stool ranting to myself, in my head when Connor walked through the door.

"What do you want," I asked sighing realising I should have worded that question differently. He just smirked.

"well I want you-"

I realised that before whatever he was gonna say came out I should tell him that I wasn't going to go out with him.

"By the way, I'm not going out with you today, Serena really shouldn't have-" I started.

"Too bad, you don't really have a choice," He said not letting me finish.

"Yeah, I do I could easily just not turn up." I shooted back.

"Yeah, 'cause Serena is really gonna let you do that," He smirked.

I sighed, I knew that Serena would make me go, but I really didn't want to go. Connor started talking, snapping me out of my thought.

"Why do you think I don't like you?, I'm not just going out with you 'cause I wanna annoy you, you know I might actually like you," He said in one go.

I started laughing, "Yeah, you like me so much, that's why your such a jerk," I said.

"I can be nice you know," I was about to laugh but then I saw his face and realised that he actually meant it.

There was now a line forming behind us, "I have to work," I replied.

"Great, I will pick you up at seven and dress sorta casual," He said taking that as a yes.

I wanted to tell him that that wasn't a 'yes' but he had already left the store, and I looked up at the customer to see a grumpy man glaring at me for making him wait. When he ordered he was also very rude. Somebody was having a bad day.

Lara and Serena were not at work today, so it was just me, which was hard. When my shift was finally over, I left as soon as I could, I stepped outside to see a yellow and white ice-cream van and I couldn't help myself. I got an ice cream cone with vanilla ice cream and the red and blue sauces with a flake. I hadn't had one of these in the longest time.

I was strolling along the side walk when I saw Leo, and then they came, the flashback of that night he was drunk  and told me he loved me and that message. I wondered how somebody could do that to someone.

I decided to just keep my head down and ignore him. As I walked past I realised that he hadn't noticed me, I was about to breathe a sigh of relief when I heard him shout to me, "Hey Alison, wait up," He called as he made his way up to me.

I looked at him, then I looked back down, I really didn't know how to start this conversation. "Look, I don't know what you were going on about the last time I saw you," He said looking innocent, but it would be so stupid to fall for that again.

"Yeah, right you did nothing like always," I replied.

"Can you please just explain it to me?" He pleaded.

"Why do I have to explain it to you, when you so clearly already know," I said dismissing his plea. "Look I gotta go," I said walking off. I didn't feel like eating the cone of the ice-cream as it had gone soft so I chucked it in a near by bin.

I walked into the house to see Wesley and Serena together. I awkwardly started to walk towards the stairs.

"Hey Alison, how was work?" She asked, I closed my eyes then turned around slowly.