Chapter 7: Wesley and connor

I walked through the door and started tip toeing to my room. I almost screamed when I heard Serena’s voice.

"Where have you been?" she asked, accusingly.

I decided to tell her the first half of the story, missing out the bit where I had stayed over at Leo's - and the fact that I was falling for him. There was still something she wasn't telling me about him. I told her about the scary guy that had punched me very vaguely.

"Are you okay?" Concern now covering her features.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said not wanting to talk about it. "I'm just going to go take a shower," I told her before quickly escaping to my room. I couldn't wait to have a warm shower, but as I got in, I saw the huge bruise that was forming, and flinched as I touched it.

When I got out, I lay down on my bed and actually thought about what had happened last night. I was nearly kidnapped, and Leo saved me! Maybe he wasn't such a bad person after all.

--------------------------------------------------------

It was 5 o'clock and we were heading to work. On our way their I noticed Leo, so I told Serena that I would meet her inside, and that I just wanted to get a bandage from the pharmacy, but instead I went up to Leo to thank him once again for saving me yesterday and taking care of me.

"Hey Leo, thanks again for last night," I said.

"It was no big deal" He replied.

Only, it was a big deal to me, and I had told him things that I hadn't ever told anyone before.

"Also, can you please not tell anyone about the things I told you last night?" I asked sheepishly.

"I won’t. I promise," He said sincerely.

After that, I went into the cafe, to start on another tedious day of work. Serena was serving a little child, so I went up to Lara to say hi.

I was just serving some customers when two handsome boys came to the counter, I didn't really notice them at first, and then I looked at them properly. I was speechless, they were hot! More that hot, Perfect.

“Um...can I have a coffee to go please?" said one of the guys; he had dirty blonde hair and ice blue eyes. He also had a little stubble. Then I realised that I was just staring at him.

"Sorry, what!?" I asked dazed.

He smirked. "Can I have a black coffee to go please?" He said again.

"Yeah, sure," I answered, my cheeks burning red from utter embarrassment.

The guy next to him started to laugh silently to himself. By the looks of it this was his brother, he had intense blue eyes but his hair was more brown than blonde.

"And you?" I asked still embarrassed.

"I guess I’ll have the same," He said vaguely.

I slowly walked to pour the coffee into two to go cups, and then I heard Serena start to talk to them, or more like flirt with them.

I heard one of them ask in a deep voice "And who's she? Why is she so quiet?" they asked.

"She’s just weird like that," she replied "Don't worry about her, she's no one important" She continued.

I was shocked was she really talking about me? No she couldn't be, maybe she was talking about Lara...but Lara wasn't here, she was definitely talking about me. Is that what she told people about me when I wasn’t there? I felt tears sting my eyes. What had just happened? My best friend thought I was weird and that I was no one important?