Chapter 5: Skateboarding

"That was so much fun," I told Serena as we were walking home that night. The sky was now pitch black and we had just come back from dinner with Lara, she was really nice and the restaurant was magnificent; it had a romantic feel to it, which now that I think of it was a bit weird considering we were three girls. Serena was nodding in agreement. We were now near the row of shops we had been to this afternoon when I saw the same group of boys skateboarding. Much to my own surprise, I started to make my way towards them - like a hunter being attracted towards its prey.

"Hey. Can I have a try?" I asked them. Serena looked pretty shocked, as she watched from the sidelines. Her mouth agape.

"You...want to ride a skateboard?" Leo said baffled.

"Yeah, I do. Can I borrow your skateboard?" I asked politely with a hint of attitude, that slipped out unexpectedly.

"Um…yeah sure," he said handing it over before smiling at his friend standing behind him, as if to say there is no chance this girl can skateboard without actually speaking.

I started off riding the skateboard, I did an Ollie to show them that I could skateboard, but still Leo felt the need to mention that he thought I couldn't skateboard. "Yeah honey, we get it you learnt how to do an Ollie, that's nothing impressi-" He broke off as I did a double heel flip and then an Indy grab; I turned around and smirked at his shocked expression.

"So, can you do that?" I asked him smugly. That should show him!

"H-how did you do that? Where did you learn that? That was amazing," He said completely shocked.

"I taught myself. When I was fourteen I decided I wanted to be a skater and well I started skating, but I haven’t really skated in a few years so I lost most of my touch," I replied honestly.

"Lost most of your touch, that was, that was, well I’ve been practicing for years and I can’t do that," He replied. "Oh and this is Caleb, Tyler and Matt," He added as an afterthought.

I smiled and waved at them, "Hi."

I was just about to ask Leo something when I realised that Serena had left. She was probably at the beach house but I was pretty angry that she had just left, so I said bye to them and told them that I would talk to them later and left. Now that I think about it Leo is pretty cool, maybe I was wrong about him, or maybe I wasn't.

I walked to the beach house pretty quickly; I saw that Serena's light was on so I went straight to her room. Her bedroom was structured sort of like mine but the walls were painted a light blue colour.

"What was that?" I said barging in without knocking, she was reading a magazine, teen vogue by the looks of it.

"What was what?" Serena asked barley looking up.

"You just left me," I said out raged. She finally looked up.

“You were busy, I decided to leave you, since me ex-boyfriend is who you would rather hang out with, then fine, but he's trouble you know," She replied and I was kind of shocked with her honesty, she's a pretty closed person and she hated talking about anything that was bothering her.

"What!? All I wanted to do was see his smug face, tell me what he did to you that was so bad," I asked.

"Nothing, he did nothing. It’s just he's a player and I don't want you to get hurt like I did," She replied.

"But when you came back a few summers ago, you told me all about him and how great he was," I replied confused.

"I lied okay, I really liked him and I thought that he liked me but he just used me for sex and -" She stopped mid-sentence as if she didn't want to say what she was about to.