Chapter 4: Sightseeing?

I woke up in the morning to the smell of bacon and eggs, and even though I usually stay in bed for another thirty minutes or so after waking up, today I shot out of my bed and ran down the stairs, I quickly grabbed a stool and sat down, wow Serena was good at cooking. "Food please," I called out to Serena who was at the stove, cooking in her sweats and grey t-shirt. She turned around slightly, "Really Ali, really?" I just smiled. Finally she placed the bacon, eggs and ketchup on 2 plates and put them on the counter in front of me while taking a seat opposite me. I resisted the urge to say 'finally' I did not want these privileges to be taken away from me.

After we had eaten breakfast, we both went to have a shower and get ready; I decided to wear my light blue strapless dress, my brown sandals and a silver key and heart necklace. For make-up I applied only a little bit of bronze eye shadow and light pink blush as it was hot. Serena was still getting ready so I decided to watch some TV, I turned on the TV in my room and started to watch 'Gossip girl'. I was really getting into it when Serena walked into my room. "Seriously, we come all the way here and you watch TV re runs?"

"What? You were getting ready, there was nothing else to do," I insisted

"What about unpacking?" Serena suggested looking at my barley opened suitcases on the floor. I had nothing to say so I just told her that we should get going.

When we went outside Serena started leading us down the porch to the row of streets where the boys had been skate boarding last night. We had only been walking for about two minutes when Serena led me inside a Take-out shop, “Hello David," Serena greeted an elderly looking man who looked like he was in his late thirties or early forties. The man immediately walked up to Serena and enveloped her in a huge hug.

"Serena, my gorgeous, you’re back this year...When was the last time you were here three or four years ago, was it?"

"I know, it feels like forever," Serena replied sweetly. "And this is my friend Alison," Serena added.

“Hello Alison, I’ve heard quite a bit about you," He said smiling sweetly at me.

"Hello," I greeted simply.

"Now girls, Have you eaten?" David asked

"Yes, we had Bacon and eggs for breakfast," Serena replied smiling.

"Okay, that's a shame, but you have to come back here afterwards for lunch," David said.

"Of course," Serena replied "It was great seeing you again after all this time,"

"You too, I would ask you to stay but it seems your showing your friend around, come later, we can catch up, " David said as some customers walked in.

"Will do, bye," Serena replied smiling before walking out the wooden door.

The take away shop wasn't like the ones in England. It had brick walls and a fireplace to one side, it had this homely feel, and god knows why there was a fireplace, I mean c'mon who's gonna need a fireplace here. There were 6 round tables dotted around the room and at the front was a wooden counter.

We had just walked out when a boy came up to Serena and started to talk to her. "Hey Serena, wanna hang out later?" He said winking. Then I remembered this was the guy Serena had hooked up with when she came here a few years ago, it was mostly a summer fling.

"Oh get lost, Leo," Serena replied annoyed. When Serena had told me all the good things about him, she had so obviously missed out the bad. Serena pulled my arm and dragged me along with her even though I was walking just fine on my own.

"Who's your hot friend?" He asked whistling, does he have no shame?

We then went into a bakery, a fat but nice looking women was helping some children choose which cake they wanted, Serena didn't say hello to her so she must not know her. When the children had left and the line got shorter she said to me "You have to try this vanilla cake, it’s delicious,"

When we finally got to the front of the queue Serena greeted the lady, who she apparently did know, the women was just as friendly and hugged Serena back, she then turned to me and greeted me. I had bought my green messenger bag with me so I handed over the money for the cupcake even though the women insisted we have it for free. I didn't like taking other people’s money I have no idea why, but anyway Serena was right, it was like heaven in your mouth and I loved the shop. I was hoping to someday own my own bakery and I loved the layout of this one the banner on the outside was pink with the name 'Sweet temptations' written in curly writing, the inside was quite vintage and looked welcoming, the walls were painted a light shade of pink, the tables were attached to the walls, and there was some yellowy green lights. I loved it, and I definitely loved the food.

After going around some of the other shops, including a clothing store we were getting pretty hungry, but before we ate I suggested that we go to get an application for our summer job, so we went into this cafe/bakery place. The cafe was dimly lit and some music was playing from a juke box. There was a teenage girl working so I asked her where we could apply for a job, she said to come round the back to see the manager, she also hinted that he employs people that he thinks look pretty and will get him more business, in simple terms she said that we would get in easily as we were both very hot. Me hot...yeah right! We went to see the business man at the back, a few minutes of talking to him and he gave us the job, that's it that's all we had to do? I was ecstatic and really excited to have a cool summer job. He told us that we started work on Monday so we had three days before we started working.

When we came out the girl was there, with a look on her face saying, 'I told you so', and then came up to us. "Hey, I'm Lara and since were going to be working together I think we should get to know each other. 'Cause quite frankly, I'm a pain in the butt to work with." After a few minutes of talking to Lara we found out that she was pretty cool, she comes from Los Angeles, she's a student and she wants to become a stylist and that she's always wanted to come to England. Lara was very pretty, she had blonde brownish hair and the most beautiful green eyes, although her nose was far too small for her face, it was cute.

The Cafe was pretty, when you walked in to the right was a long counter, to the right were loads of tables and chairs and a juke box, through the counter were delicious looking cakes, cupcakes, cookies and other delicious treats each one with a pretty label card in front of it.

After we had eaten at David’s place, we went home because we were both exhausted and had started to smell, Lara decided that we should all go to dinner at 7PM, at a restaurant she said we had to try, I decided to go and have a second shower and then go to the beach to sunbathe before the sun started to set.