Chapter 13: Maybe?

"This is so cute," Serena said picking up a black and white purse.

"I know right," I said wishing I had seen it sooner. It was Saturday afternoon and we were at a clothing store. The store was quite small. I had bought a few dresses and Serena had bought about the same amount.

We had been shopping for hours and we were exhausted so we decided to go back home. I really wanted to go to the beach. I had a shower and decided to just relax for a little while before I went. I was in the middle of blow drying my hair when Serena walked in. "Hey, are you going to the beach in a little while?" She asked. curiously.

"Yeah but I'm knackered, so I'll go in a few minutes," I said honestly.

"Today I have a date with Wesley so do you mind being left alone?" I just gave her a look I wasn't a child I could stay by myself.

"Yeah I 'll be fine, so that's what he was doing here yesterday huh?" I asked smirking

"Yep," She smirked.

"So where are you guys going?" I asked.

"Were going out for dinner at this restaurant, I don't know the name," She said laughing.

"Oh okay, cool" I replied.

"Do you think I should wear my blue dress? she asked nervously.

"Um...do you know what type of restaurant it is? I asked.

"I think its sort of fancy," She said.

"Oh okay, wear your blue one then, Its really pretty," I said trying to persuade her mind that everything would be okay.

"Thanks, lets go to the beach in like five minutes," She said before walking off to her room probably to think about what to wear.

I kicked water onto Serena which made her scream. In turn she splashed water back at me. We had been at the beach for longer than we had planned. We had met some girls who we had played a game of volleyball with but then we got hot and decided to muck around in the water a bit.

After a while Serena spoke, "I have to go get ready,"

"Yeah, and its getting dark outside" I said looking up at the sky which had darkened considerably in the past few hours.

As we headed inside, I went straight up to my room and Serena to hers. Then two minutes later Serena came in with an arm full of dresses. Wouldn't it just have been easier to call me to her room? I laughed at the sight, sometimes Serena just didn't get common sense.

"I could have just come to your room you know," I said still laughing.

Serena just stood there confused for a few moments before understanding. She laughed nervously.

"So which dress?" She asked.

"I though you were gonna wear the blue one?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

"Um...Yeah I didn't think it looked right," She said worriedly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After one long hour of helping Serena she finally chose a dress, and yes she did pick the blue one in the end, she had just got ready when Wesley came to pick her up.

She said she might be a little late and then she left, I had to say I was pretty shocked Serena and Wesley were going on a date, I mean from what I know they had barley even talked, but what do I know?

I decided to start playing my guitar, I had bought it with me but I just hadn't had time to play it. It was a light brown colour and had my name written on it. When I was about fourteen I had worked at this fast food restaurant and with the money I earned from a few paychecks put together I bought this guitar. I thought I would become some huge sensation...Yeah didn't really work out.

My parents thought I would only play it for a while and then get tired of it and truthfully so did I, but then I started to get good and now I still love it. I started to pluck a few strings and before I knew it I had started to write a new song.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hadn't even noticed the time as I was so engrossed in my music, so when Serena walked into my room I immediately dropped the guitar.

"Your so good, can I please hear it?" She asked like always and like always I said 'no'. Even though I thought I was a okay at singing and playing the guitar, I still didn't like anyone hearing me, and nobody had heard me apart from the countless number of times that Serena had barged into my bedroom, I also hid my guitar under my bed so that when some other friends came to my house they wouldn't force me to play it for them.

"So how was your date," I asked smirking.

"It was so good," She said smiling widely and then proceeded to tell me everything, every little detail and she was going so fast I could hardly keep up.

"YeahsoitwasreallysweetandIloveditandyourkindasortagoingonadatewithConnor," She said in one breath, at this point I had stopped listening, so it clicked in my brain a few seconds late.

"Wait what?" I asked confused.

"Huh?" She asked innocently raising her eyebrows slightly.

"What did you just say?" I asked.

"Oh right, your sorta going on a date with Connor tomorrow," She replied sheepishly before running for the door.

"What?" I screamed at her.