Chapter 33: You Must Have Me Confused

I slowly got out from under the clean white covers and made my way downstairs, Leo was in the kitchen making what looked like Coffee and Pancakes. 

He didn't notice me silently walk in, until he turned around. "Oh hey, you're awake," Leo remarked.

"Yep," I nodded my head, sitting down on a comfy stool, letting everything that had happened last night wash over my mind. "Is it too late for that beer?" I asked looking up from my hands. 

He just laughed, "Here eat these pancakes, see how the roles have reversed," He said before putting a plate of pancakes on the table in front of the TV.

He looked at me, silently asking me what I wanted on them, "Do you have nutella?" I asked sweetly.

"Yep, it's in here somewhere," he said looking through a few cupboard's before passing it to me with a knife. I moved places to go and sit down with my legs crossed, he placed down two cups of coffee before he froze. "Shit!" He exclaimed.

"What?" I asked alarmed, after finishing my first bite.

"I got you coffee, you don't drink coffee," He mentioned.

Now it was my turn to laugh, "Don't worry, I can drink it every once in a while," I said adding "Its fine, really," when he didn't look convinced.

He sat down, still looking unsure, before he leaned against the sofa, drinking his coffee, "That was your room," I stated.

"Yes, it was," He smirked, god! I loved that one sided smirk.

I blinked quickly, snapping out of my thoughts, "Yeah, well um where did you sleep and also I fell asleep?" I asked.

"Nah! I just injected you-" He started.

"Oi! Thats not funny," I said placing my hand on his knee.

"You fell asleep so I bought you here and placed you in my bed," He shrugged.

"So, where did you sleep?" I asked.

"On the sofa," He was lying, and I could tell.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Okay, I slept with you for a little while. I was just worried about you and I didn't want you to have any nightmares or wake up in the middle of the night," He quickly spoke.

"Its okay really," I said laughing at how worried he looked, I actually wished he had stayed in bed with me, it would have been a good comfort.

"So, what are you going to do about the um-" He cleared his throat, "Serena situation," He said carefully, probably making sure he didn't make me cry.

I finished the last bite of my pancakes, savouring the taste. As soon as I had finished, he held me by the waist and pulled me next to him, turning me around.

"you're so weak," He laughed. I playfully slapped him on the shoulder, before actually laying my head down on it. "She was my best friend," I said, deliberately talking in the past tense, while whispering. 

"I know," He said, rubbing my hair with his hand.

I sighed loudly, "I should probably go and sort this out," I said even though I was silently hoping he would ask me to stay and give me an offer I couldn't refuse.

"Yeah," He replied simply, sipping his coffee, I didn't make an effort to move. "You know that night, that I stayed here when I couldn't remember anything in the morning, what did they do to me?" I asked.

He huffed but didn't say anything for a few seconds, "Maybe Serena should be the one to tell you that," He said his mouth covered in my hair. He tilted my head up, by placing a finger under my chin, "But you have me and Lauren and you have Elizabeth and all of my mates, every single one of them will back you, got it?" He said looking into my dark brown eyes. I nodded again.