Chapter 39: Nerves and endings

I woke up in the bed at the beach house, I thought about Leo - and leaving him and I thought about the fact that Serena did all those things to me. The fact that I should have chose Leo over Conner, but my trust in Serena stopped me from choosing the right guy, and I thought about why I started a relationship when I was going to go home. It seemed that thinking was all I was doing lately.

I heard Serena call Connor and tell him not to come over, because I was their. I thought about the possibility of me and Serena ever being the same again, but it was obvious that she chose Connor over me.

The room was pretty dull now, with everything packed up and ready to go. I got up slowly, having a hot shower before returning to the room.

I inspected myself in the mirror, I had on a plain grey top and black leggings, with a pair of converse. I grabbed a bottle of raspberry juice, and headed straight towards the door. Facing Serena was still a little too hard - and I preferred not to think about it. 

I went down to the café, even though I wasn't doing any shifts their and neither was Serena - I hadn't seen Lara in a long time and she had texted me last night to come and see her.

"Hey," I said, smiling when she looked up from serving a customer and saw me.

"Hi," She replied, smiling back showing her perfectly straight teeth. "So are you going down to Elizabeth's today?" She asked, walking back to the counter.

"Yep," I said, simply.

She passed me a pink iced cupcake, which I ate in a few bites. "Cool, we can go together, right?" She asked.

"Sure," I replied.

A few hours later, I was talking to Lara and the place starting flooding with people.

"I want my cake," I little child beside me groaned, stomping his foot.

I guess the temperatures had gone up outside, and everyone came in to cool down and get a snack to eat.

"Here kid, which one do you want?" I asked going round to the back of the counter, serving him his piece of cake.

"Thanks," He said handing the money over and walking away.

I grabbed an apron and started helping out, the place was packed and Lara was working alone today.

"You don't have to," She said.

"I smiled at her, "Yeah..I kind of do," I said gesturing to all the people.

"Hey babe," Westley said coming in, and leaning over to kiss her on the cheek.

"Not now, I have to go and work - I'm really busy," She said rushing off. I had never seen this place this packed.

"Sup?" I said to Wesley.

"Nothing much, you okay?" He asked.

"Yes," I replied, simply.

After chatting for a while, Wesley left, and I got back to working.

"A coffee please," Connor's familiar voice, spoke.

"If only I could pour coffee over you," I muttered to myself.

"What?" He asked.

"nothing, your order will be up in a moment," I replied.

He smirked agitating me. "Nice ass," He said admiringly, but I knew he was only teasing me to get me angry.

"Don't ever say anything to my girlfriend again," Leo hissed in his ear, where did he appear from? But I wasn't complaing since Connor backed off.

"So are we-" I started, after Connor had left but he interrupted me.