Chapter 34: Happy Never After

Elizabeth shivered from the cold, "Its cold," She stated but I was too wound up with my own emotions that I hadn't even cared about the rain.

"Yeah," I whispered.

"So how are things with you and Serena?" Elizabeth asked.

"You knew too, oh just great!" I spat out, my arms still tightly wrapped around my legs.

"No Leo told me, I wished I could have told you," Elizabeth said, sounding sincere. I just sneered before looking back out at the ocean. A fog now covering the misty air. "C'mon why do you think Leo kept turning up, he is so in love with you," She continued.

I looked at her, then back at the ocean, "Right! You thought that you could get me with Leo without me finding out that it wasn't him," I tried shouting but my voice sounded too hoarse from all the crying.

"It wasnt like that, and you know it," Elizabeth said, staying calm.

"Who else knew?" I asked.

"Wesley, me, Noah, Caleb and Leo," She listed.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, not everyone knew...only some people who I had gotten close to, but I guess I sort of understood, Leo had protected me after all.

"Right," I replied, nodding my head slightly.

"So, you and Serena?" She asked.

"She used to bully you didn't she?" I asked looking at her.

She nodded slightly but didn't say anything. I shivered from the cold,"I should probably go," I stood up but didn't move, I didn't know if I wanted to face Serena again, so instead I walked up to the ocean the cold wind hitting me.

I was still wearing Leo's hoodie, I had planned on changing out of it but it was so comfy that I hadn't bothered. I stood near the shore line and the wet sand, looking out at the ocean. I didn't know what I planned on doing but I really didn't want to go back home, so I decided to go to Leo's house. I hoped that he wouldn't mind.

"Do you think Leo would mind if I went back to his house?" I asked Elizabeth who was still sitting in the same position.

"Nope!" She replied simply, smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"You two are finally together, I'm so happy for you," She said jumping up and down. My eyes went wide before I burst out laughing at her excitement.

"C'mon, its cold," I said leading her back.

"Thank you Elizabeth," I said when we got back to her and her Grandma's house.

"Its okay, anytime," She said giving me a tight hug, "Everything will be okay," She said before waving and walking inside. I continued walking, pulling the sleeves of the hoodie more tightly around me.

I walked up the steps, and was about to walk in but thought it would be best to ring the doorbell."Hey," Caleb said coming out.

"Hey, is Leo here?" I asked him.

He took a sip of his coke before answering, "He's in his room, you can come in," He said moving to the side so I could walk in. I smiled at him, but stood there not knowing what to do.

"You can just go through," He said gesturing to the hallway leading to leo's room.

"Thanks," I said before walking off. I thought about knocking on the door but instead I just opened it slightly.

"Can I come in?" I asked when he noticed me.

"Yes, of course," He said patting the side of his bed, where he was lying down with the remote in his hand.

"Um...I'm kind of wet," I stated putting my arms out after closing the door.

He winked in return, I frowned at him in confusing until it clicked in my mind. "Shut up," I spat at him.

"Its okay, I don't mind you being wet," He laughed pulling me to him so I was lying next to him.

"What you watching?" I asked.

"Friends," He replied.

I grunted, "Hate that show," I remarked.

He looked at me, offended. "B-but, h-how can you hate Friends?" He asked me.

I shrugged in reply, he stayed looking dumbfounded. "How did it go with Serena?" He asked, I was so used to being asked this now.

"Not well," Was all I said.

He didn't say anything after that, "She um...she sort of just blew up on me, making out like it was my fault," I suddenly exploded.

"Don't worry babe," He said stroking my cheek with his thumb. "Okay, this might be the wrong time to ask this, but do you wanna go out with me, maybe?" He asked.

A smile appeared on my face before I could stop it, "Really?" I asked more surprise in my voice than I had expected.

"Yes, really," He said laughing.

I nodded my head, "That a yes?" He asked.

"Yes," I said smiling before I took the remote out of his hand, "Now lets watch something better," I said flicking the channel, I looked at Leo to find him glaring at me. I smiled back at him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while of watching TV  with Leo, I knew it was time to go back and talk to Serena and hopefully we could sort everything out.

"I should probably go," I said getting up to leave.

"Yeah...come back if things don't work out," Leo stated.

"Thanks," I said before walking out.