19 • Don't lock me out • 19

I looked around the house to see that there was no light on in the kitchen

I looked around the house to see that there was no light on in the kitchen. I decided it was safe to walk as subtly as possible along the decking area so that I could try the back door. I tiptoed as quickly as I could and noticed that she hadn't quite finished the job. The other side of the house still had some vines.

I looked up at the window above, but to see that a light was on in the room. From down here, I wasn't sure who's room it was. I could only hope it wasn't my parents room or Sebastian's.

With much hesitation, I forced myself to climb up the vines and reach the window. Through the window, I saw football posters plastered on the walls and clothes were all over the floor. It was one of my stepbrother's rooms.

Something moved and I ducked. Slowly, I lifted my head up and noticed that someone had entered the room. A figure had sat down at the desk and was on their phone. I mentally cursed myself for not sneaking inside before they came back.

I squinted my eyes to get a better look at the person and when I realised they had chocolate brown hair and were wearing a navy t-shirt, I instantly knew it was Harry.

I gulped and forced myself to attempt to lift window up. It wouldn't budge, but I caught Harry's attention. He looked over his shoulder and looked directly at the window, almost like he was expecting there to be a burglar attempting to get into his room. However, what he saw was not a burglar, but his stepsister.

Harry glared at me for a moment, not recognising me. When his eyes widened in realisation, I knew it clicked.  I saw his shoulders visibly relax as he realised it was only me on the other side of the glass, not some murdering maniac.

Harry walked over to the window and looked back at me, the corner of his lip lifting into a smirk. I watched him carefully, almost afraid he'd hit the glass and I'd fall down to my demise.

"Hey, Charlotte. What you doing out there?" Harry said, folding his arms. His voice was irritatingly playful.

I felt my eyes narrow at him as he made no attempt to come over to the window and let me in.

"Open up. It's cold out here." I said, regretting my decision for not bringing a jacket.

"Is it?" He questioned, scratching his head."It's warm in here."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't be such a jack ass. Let me in, jerk."

Harry titled his head from side to side as if had been told to solve an equation and couldn't quite decide between two conflicting answers.

I was going to kill him.

"It's not hard. Just lift the latch and let me in." I growled, wishing I had attempted to find another window that still had vines on it.

Harry grabbed his desk chair and wheeled it over, sitting down and facing me. I glared at him in fury as I knew he was enjoying this.

"First," Harry begun, "tell me why you're the other side of my window and not in your room where you're suppose to be."