64 • Where do we go from here? • 64

The last place I ever wanted to go back to was school, but my Mom ignored my protests when she told me I had to go back to school Sunday night

The last place I ever wanted to go back to was school, but my Mom ignored my protests when she told me I had to go back to school Sunday night. So Monday I found myself sat in the back of my stepbrother's car like I had been so many time before . Before I knew it I was walking down the school hallway with my stepbrother's either side of me.

However, there was one thing I hadn't anticipated. I should have done, knowing my mother, but I didn't. Yet, as soon as we'd walked through the school doors, I had a particular pair of eyes on me that I wish I didn't.

Mrs Lewis.

Mrs Lewis was lingering in the school hallway like she had been waiting just for me to catch her eye. As soon as she saw me, Mrs Lewis made a beeline straight for me. Mentally I rolled my eyes as I knew what was about to unfold. I had been here before and just like the last time, I was resistant to it.

My crystal  eyes made eye contact with her chocolate ones and she gave me a warm smile when she knew she had my attention. The smile turned sickly sweet and I knew I had to get out of there. Confusing my stepbrother's, I tried to quicken my pace.

"Charlie Lakewood." She said as she blocked our path.

I stared at her blankly as Sebastian and Harry looked to each other and then at me, confused. Mrs Lewis was a tall woman, probably in her early thirties. She had smooth dark chocolate skin and carried herself in a way that made her seem like the most approachable person you could ever come across. Her approachability was the reason she was the one person in this school I didn't want to be approached by. Talking to her was too easy.

"I checked your schedule for today and I noticed you have a free now. So I thought I'd book you in for an appointment. It's been a while, I thought we could catch up." Mrs Lewis informed me, making me feel nauseous.

I knew there was a lot on my mind and I was trying to figure out the Alice situation. The right thing to do would be to talk to Mr Lewis. Such a pity I didn't want to.

Sebastian and Harry had probably put the pieces together by now. From her pink baby-doll dress,  a pair of brogue oxford laced heel shoes and a charming pin in her hair, she looked like the sweetest woman on the planet.  Even her perfume had a smooth vanilla to smell to it with a base of jasmine.

Everything about Mrs Lewis made it easy to pin point as the school guidance counsellor. If her nice and sweet look didn't give her job description away, I'm sure the boys noticed her badge: Guidance Counsellor, Elle Lewis.

"There's nothing to catch up." I shot back, trying to act indifferent to her presence.

"I haven't seen you in over  six months, Charlie. I'm sure there's plenty we can talk through and I thought we could talk about --"

Yes there was. There was so much to talk about. I just didn't know If I should. Or if I could handle talking about everything. Where would I even start?