60 • Bonfire's • 60

Sebastian pulled the car on the side of some dead end dirt track

I watched from behind him as he turned off the car and pulled out the keys. Then I heard the click of the car door opening, instinctively making me do the same.  Instantly, my ears were met with the sound of music beating and distant chatter. A chill went over me as the familiarity of what we were approaching washed over me. Suddenly, I wasn't sure If I wanted to be here anymore.

"Are you guys seriously taking me to another party?" I questioned, looking at the three of them walking in front of me. I had trailed behind them like a lost puppy trying to find it's way. The confidence I used to have in my strides wasn't here with me tonight.

The three of them turned back almost in sync. In that moment, they looked so alike. With their identical high cheek bones and hooded eyes confronting mine, you could tell they were related. When I see them in moments like this, I see how I once saw them as unapproachable and closed off to everyone else. Yet, I now could see beyond that. They were more than the Lakewood brothers to me now.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." Tommy said, raising his eyebrows at me almost teasingly.

"Do you really think I should be here? I can't be trusted."

"For once I agree with her," Sebastian smirked and made direct eye contact with me. "You definitely can't be trusted, but that's why we're here."

I rolled my eyes and  looked away. I'd said it and It was true, but I hated agreeing with the idea that I was a liability.  There was no doubt in my mind that I wasn't a liability, yet something about the idea of three boys acting like they were the responsible ones infuriated me. In this situation, maybe they were, but I was mentally scolding myself for giving them that satisfaction. I'd fuelled any sexist inclination's society had already influenced their impulses with. 

"I don't want a baby-sitter." I protested, almost saying I didn't need a baby-sitter, but I didn't like or trust my own inclinations to say that. I'd ensured I'd lost that privilege when I turned up at the last party I went to. I sighed, "Look, I don't think I should be at something like this right now. It's not a good idea. It's too soon. You guys go ahead, I'll walk home."

I turned away, about to head back to the car. I figured they'd realise I was right for once and let me go home, but they didn't. Instead, I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me towards them.

"Stop running away from things and just confront whatever it is that is stopping you from doing something you know you actually want to do, but just can't admit it because you're a stubborn little shit." Harry said, staring down at me and refusing to release me from his grip.

"Stubborn little shit? Wow, that's the most charming thing you've probably ever called me." I said, feeling the corners of my lips perk up. "And for your information, this isn't me being stubborn. This is me actually thinking about how this could go wrong and how this is a bad idea. It's too soon."