20 • Out In The Open • 20

Chapter Twenty• CHARLIE •

Chapter Twenty
• CHARLIE •

When Friday came, I was relieved that the school week was over. It had been a long week. I'd spent half of it enduring Harry teasing me about me dating Alex Granger and telling Sebastian and Tommy that he didn't get what Alex saw in me. However, I guess I was having the last laugh, seeing as though he didn't know I'd already dated Alex Granger and was now dating Bily instead.

The other half of the week I was texting Billy and my friends. Billy and I had been exchanging casual conversation ever since our date and it was awfully distracting.

My friends, had also been making sure I'd kept them filled in about the whole thing. I didn't mind, it was good to talk about it like there was nothing wrong with me talking to Billy. Not being able to be honest with my family had been leaving me with the feeling I was doing something wrong. I didn't like that because when I wasn't thinking about them, everything felt right.

When the last bell rang, I walked to my locker with Taylor when Tommy and Harry stopped in front of me.

"Are you going to meet us by the car after the game?" Tommy asked me.

"Or are you going to pull another pathetic disappearance act again?" Harry asked with an amused look on his face.

I'd forgotten about there being a football game this Friday. I knew the whole school had been buzzing in anticipation for it, but I hadn't paid it too much intention. I'd been replaying my date with Billy in my mind.

"For the last time I didn't pull a disappearing act, I couldn't get home!" I glared at him. I looked Harry square in the eye and placed my hand on my hip. "Besides, you could have prevented it. You could have offered me and Joe a ride home that day." I said, glaring at Harry as he looked down at me.

"Kind of like how we are driving you around now, right?" Harry questioned, raising his eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes as Harry looked at me like I was the biggest burden in the world. "It's hardly an inconvenience. Get over it."

"Anyway, are you two going to watch the game?" Tommy said, trying to change the subject. "It's against Long View High."

Tommy had managed to successfully catch my attention. I hadn't realised they were playing against Billy's school. Billy had been texting me, telling me he had a football game tonight, but it had never clicked the football game was against my school.

I looked to Taylor and I could tell that she wanted to watch the game. I knew it was probably an excuse to look at the football players. I didn't really care much for the game, but Billy would be there and I certainly wanted to see Billy play.

"Yes." I replied and looked to Taylor who is nodding.

Tommy glanced away from me and looked at Taylor, smiling.