73 • Love me or Lose me • 73

SEBASTIAN WAS TRUE TO HIS WORD

It was agreed that taking me to my Nana's after my Mom showing up wasn't the best call so we drove to a different part of town. The boys let me sit in shotgun for the first time and I zoned out for most of the ride until we pulled up outside a familiar set of gates. It was then that I found myself questioning whether Taylor's house might have been worth the risk.

"This is Jack's house. Are you sure this is a good idea?" I questioned, watching as Sebastian rolled his window down and reached out to enter a security pin.

The gates began to open and Sebastian pulled himself in, rolling up the window again.  He glanced at me as he put the foot down on the gas.

"Jack's nothing to worry about. He can be a jerk sometimes, but he's not as bad as he'd like to make out." Sebastian told me.

I scoffed, shaking my head. "Are you kidding, Sebastian? He hit me, remember?"

Sebastian clenched his jaw and kept his attention on parking his car.

"Yeah, I do. We exchanged words on it." Sebastian admitted, turning the engine off.

Sebastian didn't wait a moment longer. He opened the car door to get out of the car and Tommy and Harry did the same. I realised they were all on the same page as each other on this. I didn't know how to feel about it.

I followed them out of the car. Harry gave me an awkward glance before he headed up to the front door. Tommy was straight behind him, giving me a more sympathetic smile than Harry could even afford me. Did Harry have to be so weird with me right now?

I was left standing by the car door with Sebastian waiting for me. While I had drifted off into thought as to whether I should be here with them, Sebastian stood close like he was expecting me to do something erratic.

"It's fine, Charlie." Sebastian told me, trying to gauge my attention.

"But it's not. Jack hit me and Harry hit Jack too you know? Is Jack seriously okay with you staying here?" I questioned. "I feel like I shouldn't be here. I'm not welcome and I actually think this isn't fair on Jack either."

"I know," Sebastian breathed out. "I told Jack if he lay a finger on you again I'd kill him. But he's cool with it. He regrets what he did, Charlotte. I even think he's relieved he can help us. It's his way of saying sorry."

My eyebrows raised in surprise and my heart warmed slightly. If you told me that the night of Jack's party, I wouldn't have believed you. Perhaps Sebastian cared back then more than he'd let on.

"Jack threatened you that night too, you know?" I informed Sebastian, choosing to take the opportunity to address what else happened the night of Jack's party. "Jack implied he was keeping secrets for you. He made it out to us they wouldn't be a secret for much longer if he had much to do with it."