New story : Why She disappeared

Author's Note

Author's Note

Hi, I hope you guys are well!

I know I have been away for quite some time, but I'm back. I've been doing some writing off line, but have been taking things slow. But I've been good :)

Thank you for your support with Sidelines, it means a lot! Recently, I read a random chapter and I've got to say it really needs editing. I'm very critical with the way it's written, as I was a lot younger when I wrote some of these chapters  (I started Sidelines 4 years ago as a form of procrastination during Lockdown). I was also doing a lot of essay writing while writing Sidelines, so editing was the last thing I was going to do. I did bits here and there, but it's nowhere near the standard I want it to be. I will edit it at some point, but I know it could be a long process. But thank you for getting through it despite the flaws!

Chapter One of Why She  Disappeared is out now! 

Chapter one has been written for a long time now, but it was scary starting a new project when I was so used to writing Sidelines.

Nevertheless, the goal has still always been the same. Write. So here I am again doing what I love to do.

My schedule for posting updates will be Fridays again and updates will come once a week/ once every two weeks. I want to keep it manageable as possible. I started  a new job last spring and moved to a new place! My life now is very different from when I was writing Sidelines. However, I will update more if I can!

Please go and check out Why She Disappeared now! It's different and darker than Sidelines, but if you liked Sidelines you should like this. Sidelines is daylight, whereas this book is midnight (as cheesy as that sounds).

Summary

Summary

One summer ago, Matilda Hale and Lena Gardner disappeared. Since the girls have been gone, missing posters have been sprawled everywhere in town. The last person to see Matilda alive was her twin brother, Connor, but even he can't explain what happened to his sister.

Eventually, the police department presumed Matilda was dead, the case was closed, and Matilda's family held a funeral with an empty casket. No one knows what happened to the two girls until a hurricane hits the small town of Cape Harbour a year later. With it, both girls return to town, but it's only Matilda who turns herself in.

Everyone's asking Matilda why she disappeared, but she can't give anyone a valid answer. Slowly things start to look increasingly suspicious. Things aren't what they seem, and Matilda fears what will happen if the truth comes out. But will it be too late?

 But will it be too late?