27 • With me • 27

• CHARLIE •

• CHARLIE •

They stood out instantly. Harry was wearing his blue and gold Long Shore High football jersey and he seemed to be the only one that hadn't followed the black and white trend that seemed to have wrapped itself around the people at cafe rocks.

Their eyes searched the room for something, scanning through the faces, meeting some with recognition and others with a nod of acknowledgment. When their eyes locked on mine, they stopped looking through the groups of people and walked straight towards me.

"Hey!" Tommy grinned at me.

I smiled at him, but Harry caught my eye. His neutral expression was hard to read as he looked around the place. "Quite the party you've got going on here." He said to me.

"Yeah, a party that you're crashing." I stated, raising my eyebrows and popping one hand on my hip. "Remind me, who invited you?"

Harry nodded at Tommy. "That ones on him."

I glanced at Tommy and crossed my arms over my chest. "I don't remember saying your invite included a plus one?"

Tommy rolled his eyes at me. "Come on, Charlotte. It's Harry."

I scoffed. "Precisely."

"What's wrong? Scared you're going to have to carry me home?" Harry laughed.

"I won't ask you to leave." I said, knowing I didn't want to cause a scene. I turned to Tommy. "Does he know he's here?"

Tommy seemed to catch on and nodded. "Yeah, I told him."

I raised my eyebrow and turned to Harry. "You came even though you knew Billy was gonna be here?"

Harry shrugged. "I'm here for two reasons. One, to tell you you're stupid for getting back with him — by the way, I still think you're going out with him for attention. And Two, I couldn't let Tommy come here alone with Billy here."

"Thanks, Harry." I said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes at me. "Tommy's a big boy, he can look after himself." I chuckled. "And in here. He would have been fine. He's with me."

Harry scoffed. "And what would you have done if Tommy got jumped and was outnumbered by Billy's friends? Stomped your foot?"

My detest for him being here deepened. Not only had he been rude to me at the dinner party and then told me you can't always get what you want when I tried to make up with him, but now he was making remarks with sexist connotations.

"Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I wouldn't be able to fight!"

Harry chuckled. "So you're telling me if someone tried to start a physical fight with you, you'd fight back?"

I bit my lip, knowing full well I was all talk. I was better with my mouth than I was my fist. I wasn't like those girls that could throw a punch. I'd never punched anyone in my life. I wouldn't be scared of getting punched, I just think I'd be scared I'd hurt the other person (although I doubt I'd be the one that would hurt them).