65 • Grilled Cheese • 65

After my appointment with Mrs Lewis, my mind kept replaying what she had said to me

After my appointment with Mrs Lewis, my mind kept replaying what she had said to me. Mrs Lewis tried to schedule another appointment with me and despite being reluctant, I agreed. I knew she was someone who would listen to me and I hadn't realised until I left her office that it was reassuring to be listened to by an adult.

I gave some thought to what she said and soon It wasn't long before I knew what I wanted — I wanted to understand what happened with my sister. Whether I was aware of it or not, but the confusion of what happened the night my sister died was weighing me down. I wanted to know what happened and I think I deserve to know what happened with my sister. So I'd made my decision. I was going to find out what was going on inside Alice's head. I needed to know at this point and I couldn't care less if I wouldn't like what I find. I was going to find out one way or another what happened and I knew where to start. Jason.

Jason was the only person I could name who probably hung out with Alice the night she died. They had a love hate relationship, but he wanted her there. Jason was the one who persuaded Alice to go to the party in the first place. There's no way he wouldn't have spent some time with her. We were all childhood friends, Jason would have gone out of his way to make her feel welcome.

By lunchtime on Monday I decided I needed to see Jason again. Not only that, but I realised some time away from my house would be a good idea. I arranged to study with Taylor and Joe at Taylor's house. They were beyond pleased  I was the one to suggest to hang out because of how consumed I'd been in my own head the past couple of weeks. I knew they were trying not to keep asking me how I was, but I could tell they were worried about me and they weren't the only ones.

My step-brother's were too.

The boys were less discrete. They were always nearby like they were keeping an eye on me. It was strange, but for once I didn't mind it. The last time I felt like someone was trying to look after me was when Alice was around.

My mother was a different issue. I knew she was observing me too, but she was watching me from afar like she was just waiting for me to step out of line. I'd tried asking her about what her and my dad were going to do about me, but when I questioned i was going to have to stay with him she dismissed the topic. The only thing she told me was that it's on the table and they're still discussing it.

Not knowing was slowly killing me.

I hadn't spoken to my dad since I last saw him and his number had stopped ringing my phone and had started ringing my mother's. I knew the pair of them were talking about me. My mom was updating him on how I was doing, but luckily for me told him to give me some space whilst I'm still recovering. I was not going to complain about that. He was still the last person I wanted to see.

At the end of the day, I found Harry and Sebastian stood at Harry's locker.

"I'm going to study at Taylor's house." I told them, explaining what I'd agreed with my friends.