70 • I'm no Lakewood • 70

HARRY IS A LIAR

HARRY IS A LIAR.

I didn't hate Harry for what I'd found out. I resented my stepbrothers by association with the possibility of me being a Lakewood. Still, after hearing Harry and Tommy have been in the dark like me, I couldn't blame them. Sebastian , however, was another story. And although it hurt to admit it, so was Alice.

"I told you not to bring me here," I said through gritted teeth. Somehow my voice was calm, but I was shaken up inside. "Start the car."

I watched from the backseat as Sebastian and Harry looked at each other. Harry leaned his head back and sighed. Sebastian shook his head at his brother before glancing at my now desperate eyes in the rearview and then looked back at his brother.

"I knew you'd do this," Sebastian sighed, glancing at his brother.

Frustration and betrayal soar through me . Sebastian had anticipated this and yet he still let Harry do it. "We should have given her some space."

I sat back in my seat, questioning my sanity. Was Sebastian seriously taking my side?

Harry ignored Sebastian and me and rolled the window down, taking a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and lighting one.

"Put that out, Harry." Sebastian scolded, pressing the button to wind his window down. Then he leaned onto and grabbed the cigarette and threw it out the window. "Gee's, since when did you smoke? Mom died of cancer, remember? Don't be a fucking idiot."

"What the fuck, bro?" Harry shouted, sitting up. I briefly wondered whether mentioning their mother had sparked his anger. Harry ran a hand through his hair and let out a frustrated sigh as he attempted to keep his cool. "Don't tell me what to fucking do."

"Look, I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do here. I can't just drop her off somewhere else after what we've just discovered. Who's genius idea was it to let me drive us anyway?" Harry questioned, looking up at the ceiling of the car.

I bit my lip and tried not to understand him. I knew Harry was coming from a good place and had my best interests at heart. Harry was pissed off and trying to figure out what to do, but this was even worse for me.

"Not now, Harry," Sebastian said, trying to stay calm, but I could hear slight anger boiling under the surface of his words. "I get it, but not now."

"No," Harry argued, glancing at me in the rearview like he only just remembered I was sitting in the back. "You need to come inside of us. We need to figure this out."

"I don't need to figure anything out right now. I want to go to my Nana's. I'm not staying here! I can't stay here right now." I demanded, hoping he'd actually listen to me.

"No, Charlotte. I don't give a damn about what you want right now. This is your home, and this is where you belong, okay? You can't just run away from your problems." Harry told me, "let us be here for you and let us figure this out. You don't need to avoid this. You've got us. When I said I was on your side, I meant it, okay?"