19

Michael
9:30 A.M.
Clinic

"What are we waiting for?" I asked the doctor. "We are waiting for the other potential paternal match," the doctor replied.

I was so nervous, pacing back and forth between the doctor and the door, avoiding making any contact with Madeleine who was in the room holding the baby girl she had a couple of months prior.

Soon enough Chad walked in to my surprise. "Chad, why are you here?" I dapped him up. We both looked at each other in confusion. "Surprise! Both of you are the only two people I slept with, so it is one of you," Madeleine spoke up, adjusting the little girl in her hands.

"Man, I told you not to mess with her," Chad whispered to me. "Well that was after I did," I quietly replied. We both went up to the doctor to get swabbed. "We'll have your results in two weeks," the doctor dismissed us.  Chad and I started to walk together. "Mike, you just got yourself in deep. If you are this child's father then she will-"

"Make my life a living hell," I finished the sentence.

* * *

Nia
10:43 A.M.
Avalon Studios

"We can't allow you to sing without us getting a percentage, you signed a contract," Mr. Avalon said. "How much?" I asked. "Thirty-five percent," he replied. "What?! I still have to pay for studio time and my producer," I instantly sat up in my chair.

"Well you can also leave the company, but that would not help with spreading your music since you have so much recognition here at Avalon," he smirked. "I need to think about it," I shot a fake smile at him. I got up, turned around, and walked out of Avalon. I quickly walked to my car and got in. I took a deep breath before breaking down into tears.

I cried for ten minutes before I got a call, it was Michael. I took a quick breath and answered. "Mikey high-key, how's it going?" I asked. "Nia pia! I'm good, how are you?" he asked. "I'm okay," I answered.  "You're welcome to come over today," Michael offered. "I think I'll drive over later, I'm going to head to the studio right now," I told him. "Alright, well I am here all day," he replied.

"Wasn't today your paternity test?" I asked him. "Yeah, you won't believe what happened. There was another potential father and guess who it was...Chad," he laughed.

"Okay, that's just wrong that she messed with both of you guys knowing you're friends and why are you laughing?" I asked. "My life is so messed up. If this is my little girl, I have to give everything up. I am not ready Nia," he sighed loudly. "Your life is not over, if anything you should be a chef just for her. I am sure you would be an amazing father," I assured him.

"Yeah, but I would rather it be you," Michael muttered. "Huh?" I replied. "Nothing, have a great day at the studio. I'll see you," he hung up.

I took a minute to breathe before calling Anthony. "You got approved!" Anthony started to celebrate. "Not exactly, but I'm coming in for a session," I told him.

"Okay, bring me something good Nia," Anthony hung up.

* * *

Studio
11:54 A.M.

"So, what happened?" Anthony asked as soon as opened the studio door. "Can I come inside first?" I asked. "Sorry," he let me inside. I walked in and sat down on a couch outside of the booth while Anthony followed behind. "He said that I have to drop the agency if I want to release any music or he has to take thirty-five percent of my earnings. But if I leave Avalon, I lose my credibility," I sighed.