49

Jeremiah
12:42 P.M.
Houston

"Why are we at this food court Jeremiah?" Journee asked. "One second," I checked my texts one last time. Then I looked around again. "Who are you waiting for?" she asked. Just a few seconds later, Angel walked into the food court. "Oh heck nah," Journee started to walk away so I stepped in front of her. "Please, I know you don't like her, but please," I pleaded.

Journee shook her head, "Fine," she scoffed. Angel finally came up to us and waved. "Hi," she said. "Hi," I replied. "Hi," Journee said barely above a whisper. "Let's sit down," I pointed to an empty table nearby. So I sat and both of them followed. Journee took the seat next to me and Angel sat directly across from me.

"You two are the most important girls in my life. I want you two to try and get along. If you don't get along, I'm going to continue my relationships with both of you separately," I told them. "Seriously?" Journee folded her arms over her chest. "Yes," I looked at her and nodded before turning to look at Angel. "That sounds...fair," Angel nodded.

"You guys don't have to be best friends but I'd love it if you tried to get along," I said. They both nodded. "I'm sorry if Jeremiah and I were being too touchy. I didn't know you two were together and I wasn't trying to overstep," Angel explained. "It's okay, I just got really tired of the comments from people talking about how you two must be dating when it was really us. It wasn't fair to take that out on you," Journee admitted.

"Thanks," Angel smiled. I smiled in response, "See, look, we're getting along," I said. "Yeah," Journee breathed.

* * *

Nia
6:22 P.M.
Houston

"Hey Nia, when's dinner gonna be ready?" Jeremiah asked. Him and Angel had been driving me crazy since they got here about an hour ago. "One of Michael's employees is dropping off something, so hopefully soon," I told him. "Did you make any snacks?" he asked. "You asked me that twenty minutes ago and the answer is still no. Shut up!" I snapped.

I instantly regretted saying that as soon as it came out of my mouth and seeing the look on Jeremiah's face made it worse. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that," I told him. "It's okay. I have been kind of annoying," he lowered his head. "Well you and Angel keep on playing games and I'll check up on our food," I told him. "Alright, thank you," he walked back toward his room.

I got up off the couch and headed to Michael and Is bedroom. I sat down on the bed and called. He answered right away. "What's up? Everything okay?" he blurted out all at once. "Yes. Are you okay? You sound stressed," I asked him. "I'm fine, we just got home from the funeral, what's up?" he asked me.

"We were wondering if you knew where our food was?" I asked him. "No, but he should be there soon," Michael answered. "Oh no, I'm gonna lose it in this house," I sighed. "Why what's up?" Michael asked. "Everyone's hungry and is nagging me, including this baby," I told him. "Well, I'm sorry. I told him to be there by six thirty, so please just hold out a couple minutes," he said calmly.

"I will, sorry I'm so moody. I miss you so much-we miss you so much," I told him. "I miss all of you so much more than you know and don't worry about the moodiness. I read somewhere that it's normal," he said. "You read that?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm trying to learn everything. Did you know your cervix has to stretch up to ten centimeters for the baby to come out? Whew," he asked.

"Yes," I cackled. "What else did you find?" I continued. "I'm in the middle of reading about the medical malpractice and black women," he said. I sighed, "So you've read about the risks?" I asked. The last thing I wanted was for him to worry. "Yeah and I have some suggestions, but I think we should wait until I get home for those," he suggested. "Alright, I love you," she said.