32

Nia
5:22 P.M.
Her Apartment

Naomi's Daughter, a singer from Detroit, has been making headlines after a recent Vogue interview was released. Naomi has been asked to make comments toward the status of her daughter's career and has refused to comment.

"The news is trippin'. Vogue? I did not do an interview for Vogue," I laughed to my mom. "Yes you did, your dad and I bought the issue to support," she pulled out the magazine with my face on it.

I was wearing the same outfit I had been wearing for the catalog shoot in Houston. "One second," I excused myself. I called Shana and she answered right away. "Shana, did you sign me up for a Vogue interview?" I asked her. "Yes," she said. "Really? Thank you!" I celebrated. "No, thank you because now the streams are over the top and your following is skyrocketing you went from fifteen thousand last night to forty thousand today. You are even trending on Twitter," Shana explained.

"Twitter? Really, I don't think I even have a Twitter anymore," I said. "Well make one and make sure you try to connect with your supporters," Shana said. "Okay, thanks again Shana," I said.

* * *
The Next Day

Michael
12:22 P.M.
His Apartment

"Here is your voucher. Go ask her for anything you want done okay? I love you, Happy early Birthday!" I kissed Nia's forehead. "Thank you Mike," she said before leaving for her Spa appointment.

That bought me enough time for a plan.

* * *

Nia
1:04 P.M.
Spa

"Hi welcome to Refresh Spa," a tall young lady said as soon as I walked in. "Hi, I have a voucher," I handed her the card. "Looks like you have the full day service. Go into the last room on the right if you want to do waxing or the last room on the left if you want nails to be done first," the young lady explained.

I decided to go with nails and walked down to the room on the left. "Hi can I have an acrylic manicure?" I asked. "Sure," a lady at the front desk escorted me to a chair. I sat down in the chair and she sat across. "What shape and what color?" she asked. "Almond and tan please," I said.

"Okay," she grabbed the tips and nail polish and got to work. "Are you married?" she pointed to my ring. "Yes," I answered. "Is he nice?" she asked. "Yes," I replied. "Good," she smiled.

Nothing else was said for the next hour and a half until my nails were done. They looked really good, so I went down to the waxing room. "Are you here for your wax?" the young woman asked. "Yes," I replied. "What type of wax would you like?" she asked. I thought about later that day, I planned to be with Michael.

"Brazilian please," I replied. "Okay, you are welcome to lay down and remove your pants and underwear I will be back in five," she left the room. So I took my pants and underwear off and laid down. The lady came back a few minutes later with the wax and I was nervous.

"Do not worry. It will go by fast," she said. I nodded my head in response, as I was too scared to respond. The lady looked at me and cocked her head for he left. "Are you Nia? Nia Taylor?" the young lady asked. "Yes," I replied. "You're my brother's girlfriend, I love your music," she said. "Thank you and who's your brother?" I asked. "Well my half-brother, Michael," she said.

"Oh okay," I nodded my head. As much as I wanted Michael to connect with his dads side, I did not want to overstep. He mentioned how he did not really want to connect with his siblings. "I know this is not your business but I have been trying to contact him for a while since I found out I had a brother and if you could pass the message that would be nice," she told me. "Okay," I replied.