45

* * *
1 year later

Nia
2:26 P.M.
Germany

I had been on tour in Europe for the last three months and it was amazing. "Last day on tour!" Shana smiled in the mirror behind me. "Last day!" I tiredly smiled. I quickly finished putting on my outfit and my makeup and joined my team. We said a quick prayer and had a group hug. I finally went up on stage and introduced my self.

"What's up Berlin?" I yelled, and the crowd went crazy. "I hope you all are having a great night, I know I am. I'm starting with my song 'It's Only You', I hope you enjoy," I smiled as the instrumentals started playing. I started to sing as soon as the beat slowed.

Its only you
Its only you
No one could ever make me change my mind
About us together
No matter where I am
Or how far I'm from where you go
Just know that
You are mine
And I am yours forever

A year ago, I never expected to be here. On a tour, with a team, and amazing supporters. My music has spread globally. Although it feels nice to be here, I'll never forget what brought me to this place, or who. The person who pushed me to chase my dreams.

If you ever get lost
Don't worry at all
I'll come for you
Because you're all that matters
And we're all that matters
When words get in the way
Know that I care
More than a song could ever say

I started to get really into the song and so did the crowd. It seemed like every single person was singing with me. From the first song to the last song of the set. Once it was over, I went backstage again, got undressed, and got a car to the hotel. Gifts were set out on my bed to congratulate me. But a certain bouquet of flowers caught my attention.

Congrats on finishing your tour! Come home, we miss you. Love, Michael and Jeremiah.

I smiled at the note and wiped a stray tear off my cheek.

* * *

7:46 P.M.
Airport

"Nia!" Jeremiah ram into my arms. "Hey Jem! I missed you!" I smiled as fixed his head to lay on my shoulder. Jeremiah was way taller than me now. He had hit six feet in less than a year and his voice was much deeper. I then saw Michael come out the drivers side. "Come here," Michael held his arms open for me. I ran into his arms and my body instantly relaxed.

"I missed you," he kissed me. Over a year of marriage and I could not be any happier. "Let's get home, okay? I want to hear all about your tour," Michael said. I nodded and got in the passenger seat while Jeremiah sat in the back and Michael got into the front.

***

Michael
8:33 P.M.
Houston

As soon as we got home, Nia ran straight to our room. Jeremiah and I followed, not wanting to miss a second without her. "I missed this bed and this room," she smiled as she looked around. I had made some minor changes to our room, a few new pictures, some more art, and a new dresser since our previous one was starting to break. My favorite were the wedding pictures above our bed.

* * *

Nia
Houston
9:00 P.M.

"I need to pack for Aruba, oh no," I worried. "Don't stress, just got take a nice bath and rest. I packed already and now you need to rest," Michael led me to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I took my shower and got ready for bed, but when I came out of the bathroom, Michael was getting ready to leave.