52

Nia
11:23 P.M.
New Orleans

"Hey baby," Michael answered my FaceTime call. "Hey Mikey, I just wanted to let you know that I finished my show and I landed safely," I said before taking a bite of my brownie. "What are you eating?" Michael asked. "Brownies dipped in ranch," I rolexes. His eyes widened. "You're feeding my child brownies and ranch?" he asked.

"Yes," I nodded while taking another bite. "Seriously Nia?" he scoffed. I started to tear up unexpectedly, "I'm sorry Mike, I just really wanted it- I know it sounds weird. I'm sorry," I cried. "Wait-no-don't cry or apologize Nia, I'm sorry," Michael said.  "It's okay, I think it's just hormones," I continued to cry.

"Anyways, how's the restaurant doing?" I asked through choked sobs. "You sure you're okay? You're still crying," Michael replied. "Yeah, maybe if we talk about something else I'll stop crying," I told him. "Okay, well the restaurant is well. We're going to have an event next week, raising money for Jeremiah's school parent association," Michael explained. I could now see the black durag on his head.

"That's amazing, I'm so sorry I'm going to miss it," I told him. "It's fine," he looked down and smiled. "You want to say hi to Auntie Nia," he picked her up and put her in the frame. "Hi Leah, are you ready for bed?" I asked her. "Yes," she said. "Tell auntie you are going to sleep in your bed tonight, like a big girl," Michael said.

Michael started to tickle Leah and she laughed until he stopped just a few seconds later. "Here's your bunny, okay? If you need Uncle Mike, just tap me. I'll come to tuck you in soon," Michael told her. She took the bunny from Michael and ran off. Michael looked at me again, "She's good? Jeremiah's good?" I asked. "Everyone is good," he nodded.

My mom started to call, so I told Michael goodbye. "Bye," he said right before I answered my moms call. "Hey mom, what's up?" I answered. "Hey Nia...I was just calling to see how you're doing. I have not heard from you," my mom said. "Sorry mom, yeah I'm great. The baby's good. I'm in New Orleans for tour, but Michael is watching Chad's baby until he comes back to pick her up...how are you?" I asked.

"Good, I miss you though," she said. "I know mom, I'm sorry, I'll make my way back up to Michigan after this tour is over," I told her. "You know, it should be Jeremiah's spring break, so I'll bring all of us hopefully," I said. "Sounds good, house is always open for you guys," my mom said. I anxiously picked at my nails.

"How is Mama Jordan?" I asked her. "She's eating with us every night, she barely speaks though. We've just been taking her to see her sister cause it's the only thing that makes her smile these days," my mom sighed. "I will definitely call her tomorrow," I smiled. "I'm sure she would love that, anyways it's late," my mom finished. "I'll call you soon mom, I love you," I smiled. "I love you too baby, tell Michael we said hi," she told me.

"I will, bye," I hung up. I walked over to the dresser in my hotel room and picked up the camera. "Hey bug, it's week 17 I think? Look you're getting so big," I showed my stomach. I panned the camera back to my face after a second and smiled. "We're in New Orleans now. I don't have much to say about the city yet but I'll let you know. I just got off the phone with your grandma and your dad. I'm gonna get your grandma in one of these videos one day," I smiled again.

"I'm sixteen weeks or seventeen, wait let me check..." I checked my phone real quick. I then looked up at the camera again, "I'm 17 weeks, so you're the size of a pomegranate, and in three weeks when we go back to daddy, we find out if you're a boy or girl. So far we have no name ideas for you, I hope we get some good suggestions," I continued while playing with the hem of my pajamas.

"I hope you're happy, I'm happy," I started tearing up. "Fu-sorry. I'm so pregnant. It's time for bed, I'll see you next week bug," I shut the camera off.