46

Michael
12:33 A.M.
Houston

"Mike," Nia said. "Yes baby," I turned around to face her in the bed. "I need to talk to you," she said. I sat up to listen to her and she placed her hand on my chest. "I've been thinking about having a baby for a minute now. Jeremiah's driving and we got him a car. He's becoming more independent. I don't know, it depends on if you're ready too," Nia explained. I tried to stop the smile from spreading across my face.

"Yes!" I answered eagerly. "Why do you sound like you have been waiting to hear me say that?" Nia laughed. "I have," I nodded. Nia smiled, "I don't know, just seeing you with that baby in Aruba made me so happy. I want to raise another child with you," she pecked my lips. "Me too, so how does this work?" I asked.

"We'll, first I want to ask Jeremiah if he's okay with this because I would rather him tell us now that he's not ready for a sibling. If he says yes, I take out my birth control. If he says no, we'll just have to wait until he is or he moves out," Nia explained. "Sounds good," I pecked her. "Okay, well I'm tired now so good night," Nia rolled over on her side. "Good night," I laid back onto my side.

* * *

10:44 A.M.
Houston

Nia and I were sitting on our couch waiting for Jeremiah to wake up and when he finally did we talked to him. "Jeremiah, we want to talk to you about something," Nia said. "Okay," he sat down awkwardly in front of us. Nia looked at me for help. "Nia and I were talking about having a baby. But if you're not comfortable, we'll um- we'll wait," I explained nervously.

Jeremiah busted out laughing loudly. "What?" Nia and I looked at each other with a confused expression before looking at Jeremiah again. "Y'all want my approval for you to fuck raw?" Jeremiah held his hand over his heart. "Chill with the cursing and don't put it that way," Nia argued. "Yeah, it's fine if you guys have kids. I want a brother though," Jeremiah replied.

"Not sure about the brother part but we'll see," Nia laughed. "Anyways, I told Ang that I would pick her up and take her to the mall," Jeremiah smiled. "Awww," I joked. "Shut up!" Jeremiah chuckled. Jeremiah got up, got his keys, and left.

* * *

Nia
2:48 P.M.
Houston

"Hey Mrs. Jordan! You're back!" Angel said as Jeremiah and her walked in the house. "Hey Angel," I smiled. As soon as she took off her shoes at the door, she ran all the way over to where I was on the couch and gave me a big hug. "I missed you too," I told her. She pulled away and handed me a box. "Girl, I got you something from Paris. I know you've always wanted to go," I ran to my bedroom was and picked up the gift before running back out.

When I sat back down on the couch she gave me her box and I gave her mine and we opened them together. "Aw!" I squealed. It was a picture of us from last Christmas in a beautiful sparkly red frame. "Thank you," I told her. She held up her bracelet and keychain set that I bought her. "It's a set from an upscale french boutique and it was not cheap so take care of it," I told her. "Thank you!" she gave me another hug. "You're welcome," I squeezed her.

She let go and we both saw Jeremiah standing next to us, smirking. "Are you guys done with girl time now?" he asked. "Who said I came here to hang out with you?" Angel asked Jeremiah. Jeremiah put his hand on his chest, "Wowwww," he chuckled. "Well, I'm going to do my nails now. Mr. Jordan is in his office working on a meeting so keep the noise down, and call me if you need me," I said. They both nodded and I left.