37

2 weeks later

Nia
8:54 A.M.
Adoption Agency

"Okay, last paper and then you two can get to Jeremiah," the man said. I signed above the line as indicated and so did Michael. "Alright, just come out take two lefts and the waiting room should be the first right," the man explained. "Thank you," I said.

Michael and I walked out and followed the directions the man gave us. "We're finally adopting him!" I smiled. "I know, we're finally here!" he smiled. We went in for one final kiss before walking in. Jeremiah was sitting in the room with his bags. "You are ready?" Michael asked him. "Yeah," he nodded.

"Okay, we need to go down to the courthouse," Michael helped him with his bags. "I need one last form signed by one of you two," the lady at the front desk said. "I'll go," Michael walked up to the desk. Jeremiah looked tired and worn out. "You okay?" I asked him. He reached out to me for a side hug and I gave it to him.

That was until I felt a wet spot on my shirt. "Are you crying?" I asked him. I got no response so I rubbed the back of his head. "It's okay," I started to tear up. A few more minutes of tears and a group hug later, we were on our way to the courthouse.

* * *

Michael
9:22 A.M.
Courthouse

"Okay Jeremiah, you have the option to keep your last name or change it to Jordan," the judge said. "Uh, I- I don't know," Jeremiah said nervously. "It's up to you," the judge continued. "I want to change," Jeremiah said. "Okay, you can always come back and change that decision if you would like," the judge finished.

"Okay," Jeremiah nodded. "Just so you know Mr. and Mrs. Jordan, you cannot post any revealing information regarding Jeremiah on the internet to protect him from having his parents or any other family members find him. And Jeremiah, I know that you will be careful with revealing your identity once you have access to social media," the judge finished.

All of us nodded. "Alright, the Jordan's can now go take a family photo at the front of the court," the judge finished. All three of us moved to the front of the court and smiled for the photo. After that we were dismissed.

* * *

Nia
12:22 P.M.
Michael's Apartment

"How do you feel about moving?" Michael asked Jeremiah. "Moving where?" Jeremiah asked. "Houston, Texas, we've been thinking on it for a while," Michael explained. "Both of you are coming?" he asked. "Yes," I replied. "Then fine," he nodded. "Well then you are free to go back to your room," Michael said.

Jeremiah ran back to his room. "That was easier than I thought," Michael said. "Yes, it was," I nodded. "This is just the start for us," he kissed me. "I know," I replied. And I stared into his eyes those stomach flutters came back. I blushed before laying my head on his shoulder.

"You're nervous?" Michael asked. "Of course, I've never had to raise a child really," I said. "Me either, but we can make this work," Michael kissed my forehead.

* * *

11:44 A.M.
Michael's Apartment

"Hey mom! Hey dad! Hey Ms. Jordan!" I smiled. "Hi!" my mom smiled. My mom was holding a bag in her hands that looked to be from a local diner. "Hey!" my dad waved. "Hi! It's so great to see you,"Ms. Jordan said. "You too, come in," I opened the door wider for them to come in.

"Hey ma, hey  Mr.and Mrs. Taylor," Michael said as he was got up off the couch. They quickly greeted him before explaining their reasoning for being here. "We brought breakfast so we could all sit down, to celebrate Jeremiah becoming apart of our family again," Ms. Jordan smiled.