34

Michael
5:23 P.M.
His Apartment

"I promised Jeremiah I would make up with you," Nia said as she walked into my room. "I'm sorry for what I said. I should not have made judgments about your mental health especially knowing your situation. I just don't want to argue," I explained. "I understood where you were coming from, you went about it the wrong way but I understood," Nia replied.

Nia crawled into my bed next to me and cuddled into my chest. "I don't want to fight," she said to me. "Me either," I kissed the top of her head. We spent a couple of hours laid in that position until I had to cook dinner for Jeremiah.

Nia and I went to the kitchen as she helped me to cook dinner. I played music off of my speaker and we lightly danced and sang along to it. That was until (Everything I Do) I Do It for You by Bryan Adams. Nia started to sing along.

Look into my eyes
You will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart
Search your soul
And when you find me there
You'll search no more

I stood behind her as she was cutting carrots and put my arms around her. We swayed back and forth to the music. I joined her in singing the next verse.

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you

By the next verse Nia had turned around and we were making out. "I know I said make up but y'all are nasty," Jeremiah interrupted. Nia and I both looked at him and laughed. Nia continued to chop up vegetables while I continued to cook on the stove.

When dinner was done, Nia and I brought it to the table where Jeremiah was sitting. "Thank you," he said as I put the plate in front of him. "You are welcome," I replied. 

We ate together quietly. I think we were all a little sad about tomorrow. After dinner was done, Nia took up on washing the dishes while I went with Jeremiah. "You got everything packed up?" I asked him. "Yeah," he nodded, looking around the seemingly empty room.

"This will always be your room," I told him. He nodded, blinking back tears. "This is not the end. We are going to get these adoption certifications as soon as we can," I said to him. "I know," he replied. "Well we have an early day tomorrow. Get a good nights rest," I told him. "Goodnight Mr. Jordan," he said. "Goodnight Jeremiah," I waved. 

I went back to the kitchen to see Nia finishing up the dishes. I stood behind her before placing a soft kiss on her neck. "Michael!" she jerked forward in surprise. "I'm sorry," I laughed. "I leave for D.C. in two weeks," she told me. "That's great!" I smiled.

"Yeah, first paid gig so I can stop digging into savings for rent," she said. "See and now people are paying to see you," I kissed her on the cheek.

* **

Letitia
8:54 P.M.
Johns Apartment

"Hey," I waved at John. Milo ran up to me and jumped all over me. "Aww I missed you too Milo," I pet him. "Hey," John waved back. "I just got back from work sorry. It was a long day at the office and I had an important client with some last minute plans," I explained as I took off my shoes and placed them at the door.

"That's okay. Long days can be so tiring,"John said. "Tell me about it," I replied. "Can we um talk?" John asked, pointing to the catch next to him. "Sure," I sat down on the couch next to him. "Um, I apologize for not realizing and saying something before but I heard my mom doesn't like you. I just wanted to let you know that I'm not going to let you go, ever. Despite what my mom says," he explained.