21

Michael
9:30 A.M.
Paternity Clinic

"Okay your results came back," the doctor said. Madeleine was sitting right next to me with Alexis in her hands, bouncing her up and down on one knee.

"Mr. Jordan, ninety-nine point nine percent not the father," he said. "Okay, thank you," I said. Madeleine started to cry. "I'll leave you two alone," the doctor walked out.

"I really thought you were the father," she sniffled. "Then why was my result positive?" I asked. "I was dumb and switched your results. I seriously did think it was you. I'm sorry," she apologized

"Alright, cool but I would appreciate it if you stay out of my life and relationship or I will have to file a restraining order because what you did was crazy," I wanted her. "That's totally understandable, again, I'm sorry," she replied.

* * *

Nia
2:53 P.M.
Studio

"Nia, are you seriously texting some right now? And smiling too?" Anthony asked. "Just found out my boyfriend who's not my boyfriend is not the father of that baby," I said. "Let me know when you're done being in love," Anthony joked. I quickly sent Michael one last text before turning to Anthony.

"Ready?" he asked. "Yup," I put my thumb up. "Let's go," he started the track.

It took about an hour to finish up the track and I was off to Michael's.

* * *

Michael
4:39 P.M.
His Apartment

I was studying for my next culinary exams when there was a knock at the door. I checked to see that it was Nia and opened it for her. "Hey," I smiled. "Hey," she awkwardly waved.

"Come in," I let her in. I brought her over to the couch where my books were laying. "Were you studying? I'm sorry," Nia said. "I was just finishing up, don't worry," I assured her.

"So, how are you?" she sat down. "A little stressed with my schedule right now, but good, you?" I said. She turned her head to look at me. "I'm okay, thanks," she smiled slightly.

"I missed you though, come sit closer," I pointed to the empty space next to me. She moved closer to me and I put my arm around her. "You hungry or anything? I have some leftovers in the fridge," I offered. "No thank you, I fed myself before I got here," she said. "Alright, the food is always there if you want it," I said.

"But you know what I do want? A kiss," Nia asked. "Well get over here then," I leaned straight in for a kiss. She met me in the middle and as soon as our lips touched it felt like fireworks were going off.

I realized I loved her.

***

Nia
9:21 A.M.
Michael's Apartment

I was putting on some light makeup in Michael's bathroom when he came up behind me and put his arms around my waist. "What are you doing?" I laughed while trying to fix my eyebrow.

"I'm watching you put on your eyebrow stuff," he looked at my reflection in the mirror. I continued to do my thing all while Michael's hands were around my waist. "You like them?" I asked when I finished.
"Of course, you're so steady when you do them," he said. "Thank you, you have to be," I said.

Michael let go of my waist and finished getting ready  and so did I. I wore a cute mint green bodycon dress while Michael wore a white dress shirt with orange shorts. "Can I show you something?" Michael asked. "Yeah, of course," I answered. "Okay, well let's go," Michael walked out the front door.