30

Michael
12:02 P.M.
Jordan's Joys

I was not even halfway through the day and business was booming. The review from the critic helped immensely as I had now served over a hundred in just the last two hours. The line was still long and I was just going back and forth between collecting money and cooking the meals.

"Can I get one tomato soup with a grilled cheese?" my mom asked. "Mom? You waited in this line?" I asked her in disbelief. "Anything to try the hottest food truck in Detroit," she said. I served her the grilled cheese and tomato soup before she paid me.

"Love you," my mom blew me a kiss. "Love you too ma," I smiled.

* * *

Nia
1:22 P.M.
Shana's House

"Shana, why do I need to travel again? I just got back from Houston," I asked. "Your main goal should be to build a loyal fanbase. By traveling you get to do that. You can get the people to listen," she said.

"What's the next location you were thinking of?" I asked. "Los Angeles," Shana said. "That's far," I said. "Nowhere you have not been before," Shana retorted. "How long?" I asked. "Another month," Shana answered.

"Shana, how do you get these connections?" I asked her. "I worked for Avalon for ten years and you eventually just start to know people," Shana explained. "Okay, Los Angeles for a month?" I asked.
"Thats the plan," Shana nodded her head.

"I will let you know my answer soon," I said.

***

9:23 P.M.
Michael's Apartment

"Nia, you have been sitting there pouting for five minutes. What's wrong?" Michael asked. "Shana wants me to go to Los Angeles for a month," I pouted. "That's amazing! That way you will get to gain more attraction to your products," Michael smiled. "I don't want to leave you," I cried.

"I don't want you to leave me either but this is a great offer. You have more opportunity there," Michael said. I kept on pouting. "You can call me whenever, text me whenever and you know that. I know it's not the same as being with me, but it is your career and you deserve to succeed," Michael said.

We stood up and hugged each other. "I am so grateful to have you. I do not know what I ever did to deserve you," I told him. "It's the other way around," Michael said. We hugged for a couple of more minutes before I called Shana.

"Hey Shana, I decided to go to Los Angeles," I said. "I was hoping so, your flight is tomorrow at 7. I will send you the booking details and agenda within the next ten minutes," she said. "Okay, bye Shana," I said. "Bye," I hung up.

"Well I am leaving tomorrow, so I should go home and pack," I told Michael. He gave me a quick hug. "How about I pick you up and drive you to the airport?" Michael asked. "Yeah. I will see you tomorrow," I said. "Alright, I love you. Have a good night tonight," he said. "I love you and you too," I walked out the front door.

* * *

5:12 A.M.
Her Apartment

"Rise and shine! I brought you breakfast," Michael smiled. He gave me a small brown paper bag. I answered with a groan and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek since I was still tired. "Let me just put these bags in the car and then we can go," I said.