10

Michael
3:40 p.m.
His Apartment

"Wait, so you're asking me to meet your dad and step mom?" I asked. "Yes, just like you asked me to meet your mom," Nia replied. "So you know how we get to learn something new about each other every time we talk?" I asked. "Yes..." she answered. "Why don't you ever talk about your mom?" I asked. "I do, I talk about my mom all the time," she said.

"No, your real mom," I said. "You know how you said your dad came around whenever?" Nia said. "Yeah," I said. "Well, that's kind of how my mom was," she said. "Oh, sorry," I said. The line was quiet. "Well, can I take you out this weekend before we meet the parents?" I asked.

"Sure, what time?" Nia asked. "Six. What's your favorite place to go?" I asked her. "Hmmmm. I like Bon Bon Bon," she asked. "Okay, we can do that," I said.

"See ya," I said. "See you," she hung up.

* * *

Detroit
6:03 p.m.

I picked up Nia and we headed to Bon Bon Bon. "So, what did you do today?" I asked. "I slept," she said. "What did you do?" she asked. "I had work, as usual," I said. "That's great," she said. I had one hand on the steering wheel and the other was holding her hand.

We came to a sharp stop and she squeezed my hand. She was breathing hard. "It's okay, I got you," I said. I helped her to take deep breaths before the light changed again.

I pulled into the parking lot of our destination. "Okay, breathe," I instructed her. A look of worry was painted across her face as she followed my instructions. "It's okay. I got you," I repeated. Her breathing became normal again and she seemed to be a little more calm.

She was about to get out, when I got out and quickly ran around to open it for her. I helped her out and closed the door behind her. "Thank you," she smiled. "No problem," I replied. I put my hand in hers as we walked up to the shop.

I opened the door for her and came in behind her. "Welcome to Bon Bon Bon. How may I help you today?" a server asked. "Can we do a chocolate tasting?" Nia asked. "Of course. Straight ahead," we followed behind her.

She sat us down at a table and gave us a list of chocolates we would be trying. "Anything I can get you started with, to drink?" she asked. "Yes, a water for me," Nia said. "A water for me as well," I said.
"Okay, I'll be right back with your waters," she said. "Thank you," Nia and I said at the same time.

She walked off and we got to talking. "I'm sorry for what happened in the car," Nia said. "You don't need to apologize," I said. "So, I heard Chad's in town," Nia said. "Yeah, but he hasn't contacted me, so I'm not talking to him," I explained.

"You should meet up at least once," Nia said. "He cares about you," I put my head down. "Can we talk about something else?" I put my head back up. "Okay," she said. "How'd it go with old bae?" I asked. "Is that what we're calling him now?" Nia asked. "Old Bae?" she laughed.

"Yes," I said with a serious face. "It went well, he apologized and I've moved on," she took a sip of her water. I nodded my head and took a sip of my water as well. "If he's old bae, what are you?" Nia asked. The waiter brought our delicious chocolates and we both got really happy.

I picked up a chocolate. "I'm Bae," I took a bite of some chocolate. "Bae?" she turned her head and smiled.

"Yes," I said.

* * *

6:43 p.m.
His Apartment

"You staying?" I asked. "Oh, I wasn't planning on staying," Nia said. "I want you to stay," I put my arms around her. "Alright, I'll stay," she smiled.

 "Alright, I'll stay," she smiled

I smiled and winked at her. "Would you like something to drink?" I asked. "Yes, no vodka," she joked. I laughed as I poured her some juice. I handed her the cup and she thanked me, taking a sip. I sat next to her as she continued to drink the juice. She eventually put the drink down and laid her head on my chest.

"You tired?" she nodded in response. I showed her to my room, so she could take a shower.She took her shower and came out in some of the clothes I lent to her. I quickly took my shower and came out to see her passed out on the floor.

I moved her onto my bed and laid next to her.

* * *

Nia
9:52 a.m.
Michael's Apartment

"I'll be there in five minutes," Letitia said to me. "Okay, thanks," she hung up. I was currently sitting in Michael's living room while he was still sleeping. I had woken up, changed into my clothes from last night, folded the clothes he gave me and neatly put them in his laundry room, and waited out here.

I sat there for five minutes and just as I was opening the door, Michael came out. "Hey," he said. "Hi," awkwardly said. "Where are you going?" he asked. "Oh, my sister is here to get me," I said. "Okay, so I'll see you on Christmas day?" he said. "Yup, I'll see you on Christmas day," I confirmed.

* * *

Letitia's Apartment
11:12 a.m.

"So, how was it?" Letitia asked. "We didn't have sex Letitia," I rolled my eyes. "And you're sleeping in his bed," she smirked. "You can't talk, you're practically living at John's place," I said. "Hey! John and I-," I cut her off. "Don't talk about what you're doing with my best friend," I looked disgusted.

"Guess who's pregnant," she said. "Who?" I asked. "Madeleine Davis," I nearly choked. "And who's the father?" I laughed. "I'm planning her baby shower," she said. "Really?" I said. "Yes. She tried to disrespect me, but I put her in her place," Letitia said.

"That's exactly what you're supposed to do," I said. "You know, I just wanted to tell you that you're awesome Nia, you've always been there for me through anything. You always helped me come up with comebacks for the bullies, pick out outfits, gave me advice on boys, and even did my hair and makeup sometimes. You're the best big sister anyone could have. I love you," Letitia said.

"That's what a big sibling is supposed to do. Growing up with you was the best thing. I couldn't imagine being an only child. You were the best to hang out with and I'm so glad we got the chance to grow up together. I love you too sis," The room started to fill up with emotions.

I reached out for her to hug me and we did. Michael texted me and I instantly went to answer it.

Michael💙:
You got in safe?

Me:
Yeah, sorry
Read 10:44 p.m.

"Aww, you miss him," Letitia teased me. "Yeah I do," I admitted.