51

Michael
2:53 A.M.
Detroit

"AH!" I heard as soon as I woke up. I wasn't sure if the sound woke me up or I was just restless, but it did startle me. I immediately sat up and looked to my left to see Nia was not there. "Nia?"
I called out. That's when I heard groaning coming from the bathroom. I immediately got up and tried to open the door. Locked. "Nia, it's me!" I called out.

"One second," she sniffled. I heard some stuff move around, maybe glass and eventually she opened the door. She looked up at me while she was still standing in the doorway, looking all innocent. Her face was freshly wiped of tears. "What's wrong?" I said quietly. "I'm so sick. I was in here throwing up and then I slipped on something and fell," she cried.

"You fell, are you okay?" I asked her. "Yeah, my hip hurts a little but not anything I can't handle," she said, still looking up toward me. "C'mere," I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. She returned my and squeezed me tightly. But she quickly pushed herself out of my grip and ran to the toilet.

She started throwing up again and I instantly ran to comfort her. After about five minutes, she stopped. Her forehead laden with sweat, so I grabbed a rag and wiped it. I then helped her up and over to the sink where she rinsed her mouth out and brushed her teeth. When she was done, I helped her get back into bed. I laid down next to her and kissed her stomach.

"You okay?" I asked her. "I will be," she replied. "I'm sorry, say you're sorry bug. I'm sorry mommy," I narrated bugs voice. "Michael," Nia belly laughed. "There's that laugh," I smiled. "We don't have to lose ourselves, right? I don't want you to feel like you have to be home taking care of me when you could be out partying or something," Nia said.

I turned my head to face her. "No, we don't have to lose ourselves. I would rather be with you than party," I told her. "What else is on your mind?" I rubbed her back lightly. "I feel so disgusting. Are you sure about this? With me?" Nia asked. "I said my vows and I meant them, did you?" I asked her. "I meant them," she replied instantly. "Then we're in this together," I moved up to kiss her.

"Would you still love me if I were big and round?" she asked me. "I'll always love you Nia. Especially while you're growing our child," I kissed her again. "I love you too," she smiled. "Let's get some sleep, especially you," I rolled onto my side of the bed. "Goodnight Mikey," she whispered. "Goodnight my love," I replied.

* * *
1 Week Later

Nia
3:22 P.M.
Los Angeles

"Shana! I have something for you!" I shuffled up to her and handed her a bag form my suitcase. "It's not my birthday, what's up?" she furrowed her eyebrows. "Just open," I said. She opened the bag and pulled out onesie and ultrasound picture. "What the actual f-," she stopped herself. "You're pregnant?" she looked up at me. "Yes," I nodded.

She didn't say anything, she just stared at the onesie and ultrasound. "We're on tour, how are you planning to hide this?" she asked. "I hope not to show and if I do, the clothes will just get baggier," I explained to her. "Are you sure you're safe dancing with the baby?" she asked. "Yes," I nodded.

"Okay, I'm just looking out for you. I'm happy for you and Michael though," she glanced at the ultrasound again. "Thank you," I smiled. Shana and I sat in silence for a moment. "Get over here and give me a hug," she smiled. I chuckled before getting up and giving her a hug. "You got a stage to dominate tonight, let's go," Shana let go of me. I pulled away and stood up.

Someone knocked on the door. "It's open!" I yelled. "You are on in five minutes," a tall guy with a mic said. "Great, let me get my mic on," I told him.