The Arcade (5)

They decided to walk to the mall, considering it wasn't too far. To avoid awkwardness or silence, causing Kat to ask, "So, Eli," he returned the gaze, "Sorry, I mean Hawk, was it what sensei said that made you change?"

He paused, not walking anymore, "Honestly, I was tired of being a fucking pussy. Maybe you helped a bit too." After that, she didn't say much, admiring the beauty surrounding them, while Hawk admired her beauty.

Finally reaching the mall, she turned to ask him what they'd do, whether it was shopping or walking around, only to find he was already staring at her. He coughed and turned away briefly, "It's my treat, princess, let's go explore," he remarked, placing his arm out for her to reach as she nearly tumbled while staring into his crystal blue eyes, but he was there holding onto her, making sure she wouldn't fall.

A group of girls, the ones from the popular table, with the two girls who were indirectly bullying Hawk, were walking around too, but Kat had no interest in talking with them, let alone looking their way. Instead, she tugged on Hawk's arm, taking him towards the nearest store, Victoria's Secret.

Hawk looked anywhere except at Kat, worried about showing his embarrassment at being in such a sensual store as the two walked in. He reminded himself, he wasn't Eli, the weakest link of the friend group—he's Hawk, the badass, and now he's standing in a sensual store with the girl of his dreams, someone he never thought would be interested in him. Regaining his confidence, he suggestively asks, "Is there something here you need? I'm sure I could help with that."

Kat repressed to need to blush. He just seemed a bit more intimidating regardless of how she felt at that moment.

The two continued to walk, finding a 'dave and busters' in the mall, looking at each other saying, "Let's go to the better version of Chuck E. Cheese," the duo said synchronically. Laughing, she slipped her hand around his and began speed walking towards the arcade.

The bright sign bellowed neon orange, and blue reflected on the transparent glass as the eerie sound of Justin Beiber's new, number one song looped in the distance.

Kat smiled at the mediocre but excitable game center. Something about bright colors and laughter reminded her of happier times.

"Ladies first," Hawk said, slightly bowing while directing her through the large, glass doors.

"Why! Thank you, good sir," she sarcastically retorted, waltzing into the arcade.

Slightly bouncing with excitement, her eyes beamed like a kid in a candy store, "Hawk, look over there, that's my favorite," pointing at 'the walking dead game' that had two full-sized blasters in sleek holsters attached, the blinking screen mimicking the bold italics that sported the title.

"Hm, race ya!" She challenged, sprinting away without haste.

He smirked at the notion, "Not fair!" he grunted, rushing towards the worker's booth. Pulling his wallet from his back pocket, the leather trim was sewn with green lining, a rough serpent patch clad with dark green and black on the design. Shit, he thought, it dawned on him, he forgot to switch out his Slytherin wallet, now Kat's going to believe he's still a complete nerd.

"Slytherin?" she joked, "Your house is nothing compared to mine, the bravest and most fierce of the four, Gryffindor!" her lips twitched into a sly smirk.

His mouth hung agape. She liked Harry Potter? Oh, man. Could she be any more perfect? He pulled out a wad of cash and threw down two twenties and a five, "We'll take 275 chips."

Watching as her gaze grew, he couldn't help but admire her. She precisely observed her surroundings, like an eagle waiting for prey. Letting out a suppressed, dry chuckle, "You ready, princess?"