This Side Of Paradise (27)

As Kat broke the surface of the water, the pitched voices of several girls broke into an uproar. Without grabbing a towel, Kat, still soaking wet and half-nude, marched towards the voices of what she believed to be Aisha, Sam, and Tory.

In her path was the god-like statue of Robby. God, the sun is hot, but he's hotter. She broke from the few-second trance and walked closer to the noise. There, standing underneath the pillars, were her friends, but more specifically, Sam attempting to snatch the vodka bottle from Tory.

"Did you steal that?" Sam commanded, directing her gaze at Tory.

Almost like a gust of wind, Kat joined the conversation without an obvious introduction.

Kat sighed. "No, it's not stealing. I simply asked, and it was given to us." She grinned, taking another piña colada off of a passing sever' tray.

In shock, Sam gasped. "Is that non-alcoholic? H-how are you, an underaged girl, getting alcohol?"

The girls chuckled dryly. "Oh, it's nothing. A little teasing wouldn't hurt anyone. Let's just say—I earned it." Kat replied, raising her glass of piña colada into the air. "Cheers, darling."

With a defeated sigh, Sam said her goodbyes and left to sit back with Robby at their designated lounge chairs.

At the ground-level, Robby watched Sam walking back, but upon hearing Kat, he bounced his eyes at the sight. There, she stood with Aisha and a girl unknown to him, drinking some glass of what looked like orange juice. He pursed his lips and sat back into his chair, resting his arms over his toned abs.

An hour later, the LaRusso's were packing up and getting ready to leave the beach club. As Amanda grabs her purse, she notices her wallet being misplaced—perhaps, missing? She dug around the tote bag with beating eyes as she grew frustrated. "Ugh, where did I put my wallet?!"

Sam gave a knowing look to both Robby and her mom. "I'll get it back, wait here," she assured her mom. With a stiffened stride, Sam walked towards the group of girls: Aisha, Tory, and Kat, to confront them about her mom's wallet.

"My mom is missing her wallet. Why don't you give it to me before I call security?" Sam screeched.

Kat's ears perked up. "Amanda is missing her wallet? Yeah, no. I've been with Tory almost all day. I can assure you, Sam. It wasn't her." She scoffed.

"Oh, really? You're saying she can steal silverware, alcohol, and god knows what else, but a wallet filled with money isn't on that list?" Sam hissed, pointing her anger towards Tory.

Tory pursed her lips. "I didn't steal your mom's wallet, bitch."

Before Tory could walk away, Sam reached over and yanked on her purse. But Tory, feeling someone tugging at her bag, turned towards the culprit and pushed Sam into a table covered in desserts.

Kat shook her head at the absurdity of the situation. "I'm sorry about Amanda's wallet, but just saying, there are many scumbags who patrol this area looking for unsuspecting victims." She offered a sheepish smile and walked in the direction of Tory.

"Hey," she announced, approaching quickly behind the flustered girl. "I know Sam can come off as abrasive, probably even woefully unaware of her affect on others." Kat breathed.

"Look, if you're here to defend your friend—just know, I don't care about spoiled little rich girls like her, or even like you." Tory snapped.

Kat scoffed. "Well, before I was a "rich girl," I lived in an environment with an abusive stepfather, a mother who was never home, and all I had was a brother that I couldn't protect. Me, an eight year old. If you think shit was handed to me, you're wrong." She winced.