Until Death Do Us Part (31)

After witnessing yet another death, Kat felt numb. She didn't know Tommy well and should've expected his death, but nothing made her feel better.

With a solemn smile, Kat carried her karate equipment in a bag and walked toward her car parked across the street. Then, her phone rang...

"JOHNNY LAWRENCE."

"Oh, shit." Kat reluctantly answered her phone. "Uh, hi."

Johnny spoke short and sweet, "Coyote Creek in ten minutes. Be there or else." Beep.

The message sent chills down Kat's spine. Would Johnny kill me in a place called Coyote Creek? Is he seeking revenge for what happened?

Quickly, Kat googled 'Coyote Creek' and found a discrete location. It's renowned for the coyotes and year-round fall leaves. It looks like a peaceful place to die. Maybe she deserved it.

At Coyote Creek, the students of Cobra Kai stood around without their uniforms, only having colored headbands of black and red tied across their foreheads. She must've been wrong. It's some kind of karate thing?

"Sensei?" Kat breathed, avoiding eye contact with Johnny and Kreese.

"Ah, Kat." Kreese grumbled, "It's a pleasure seeing you. Take this," he instructed, placing a single black headband in Kat's hands. "You are on the black team."

"Oh? Great, so what's the game plan?" Kat asked, oblivious to the game.

First, Hawk laughed, causing his team to follow behind. "Well, princess. Basically, we kick your team's ass, take your headbands, and best of all, there are no rules," Hawk exclaimed.

"How quaint," Kat remarked in a sarcastic tone. Her eyes trailed across the lineup of the red team, and with Hawk stood Nick, her ex. Nick's eyes flickered with a mixture of rage and lust. His lips curled into a devilish grin as he began tying the headband across his forehead tighter.

Kreese rubbed his hands together and bellowed, "Now!"

Most of Kat's teammates ran in the opposite direction of the red team, with some going as far as climbing trees to evade the angry fuckers. Without hesitation, Kat removed her jacket and wrapped it around her arms. She swooshed through the crunchy leaves and found Miguel fighting off Hawk.

"You're getting soft, Miguel. Don't tell me you found your moral compass, huh?" Hawk hissed, kicking his feet into his 'friend's' chest.

After many kicks, twists, and turns, Miguel managed to pin down Hawk and take the medal of honor he stole from Mr. Miyagi, along with his headband.

While Kat watched the fight, she felt cold and muscular arms wrap around her neck from behind. Kat knew the feeling from anywhere, and upon seeing the Nike shoes bound with golden laces, her breath hitched in her throat.

"Should we have that talk now, KitKat?" Nick groaned, pulling his arm closer to Kat's neck in an attempt to strangle the girl.

For a moment, Kat couldn't move her muscles or twitch her eyes, nor could she react. Since she was young, her reaction to trauma was standing still. This time was different. With every ounce of anger, Kat felt, she used towards breaking free from Nick.

While still in a chokehold, Kat maneuvered to the side of Nick and broke free of his grasp.

Now freed, Kat narrowed her gaze onto Nick, who towered over her like a predator ready to attack. "Yeah," she groaned, her neck still sore from the chokehold, "let's have that talk now."

"You never visited me after everything I did for you, Kat!" Nick growled.

Scoffing, Kat shook her head. "I only wanted your unconditional support. I needed you as a boyfriend, not a hitman, and you killed Matthew!"