Drunk In Love (10)

Kat's eyes skimmed the herd of drunk teens, but Hawk, who stuck out like a sore thumb with his mohawk, was nowhere to be seen. She did, however, see Aisha, followed by Demetri, Moon, and Yasmine, who bumbled with rage.

"You," she pointed at everyone in her sight, including Moon. "Remember your place, and it's at the bottom of the food chain." She directed her anger towards Aisha, "But especially you," she pointed. "This bitch ate her way up that food chain," she exclaimed as she turned from the herd of people.

Before Yasmine could angrily stomp off, Aisha stealthily approached Yasmine; her thinly lined g-string peering above her high-waisted shorts. Seeing an opportunity, Aisha yanked the girl's thong with maximum effort, giving her an unforgivable atomic wedgie. Yasmine cried out in pain but quickly waddled away in shame.

Everyone laughed, but none louder than Kat, whose drunken state fully kicked in. "Let's fucking party," she belted, throwing her hands up. Soon, all the other hammered teens began swaying to the fast-paced music. Kat ran to Aisha, "Let's dance," she begged, swaying her hips and ruffling her fingers through her naturally curly hair. Kat was, in other words, a hot mess.

"I would love to, but I think I overexerted myself after giving Barbie that atomic wedgie," Aisha confessed. Kat's smile soured, pouting. "But, I know someone who would love to dance with you," she turned, looking out in the distance, a disheveled Hawk emerging from a herd of teens. Winking, Aisha went and sat with Miguel, giving the two space.

"So, mister Hawk," she enunciated, biting her lip. "I heard you're a good dancer," Kat grinned, locking eyes with Hawk.

He thought for a moment, "Let's test that theory, shall we?" Hawk said confidently as he intertwined Kat's dominant hand with his, placing his free hand on her waist and pulling her closer to his chest.

"I don't know this kind of dancing—"Kat whispered. "Just follow my lead, princess," Hawk winked back with a soft smile. He took the lead, slowly spinning in a circular motion with Kat.

"I didn't take you for a hopeless romantic, Hawk." Kat's heart fluttered at the thought of him being soft.

He leaned closer towards her neck, the warmth of his breath lingering on Kat's bare neck; she noted that his breath smelled like peppermint. "It's okay, princess. You can call me Eli," he whispered, inches away from her ear. Kat beamed at his suggestion, looking slightly up towards his subtle gaze, her eyes flickering between his lips and his enchanting eyes; she leaned in to kiss him while gently stroking his cheeks with her thumbs.

Eli swallowed hard, "Kat, you're drunk." He firmly stated, holding her upwards.

She scoffed at Eli's statement. "I would've done a lot more than that if I were sober," Kat half-heartedly smiled, falling unconscious in his arms.

Kat's sudden collapse sent Hawk into a panicked state, "Demetri! Someone help!" He shouted, gently cupping her face with his shaky hands.

Within seconds, Demetri rushed to their aid. "Holy shit!" he glanced at Kat, her limp body held by Hawk, whose demeanor showed the scared little boy he knew from years ago. He cleared his throat before talking, "Miguel got a call from Sensei Lawrence; he's on his way to come to get us—well, you guys." He sighed before continuing, "I'm taking my grandpa's car back to my house, so take Kat back to your house, unless you know where she lives," he demanded, running back to his car.

"Fuck," Hawk grunted. "Miguel! Where are you?" he bellowed.

Miguel, hearing his friend shouting his name, ran towards the noise. "Johnny's coming right now. We can't call an ambulance or the cops, we're underaged, and I have enough alcohol in my system to incriminate me." He shook his head violently, clutching the sides of his face while digging his short-stubbed nails deep into his skin.

"Calm down, Miguel. It's okay. I'll deal with this. Just tell Sensei to park nearby." Hawk assured his friend, visibly relieving him from his anxious state.

"Wait, you aren't drunk?" Miguel added incredulously. "Why the fuck am I drunk, and you're sober?!"

He turned towards his unhinged friend, "Get to the fucking car NOW!" he screamed. Before Miguel could respond, his phone rang, a picture of Johnny eating a taco lit from his half-drained phone. Swiping to answer his Sensei's call, he slurred his words, "We have a problem."

Less than a few minutes passed before Hawk bridal style carried Kat to their Sensei's car. Thankfully, she was relatively light, and he held her comfortably in his arms with ease. The group spotted the older, dark green van Johnny drove, where they rushed towards the safety of his car.

Miguel was the first to speak as the group approached the crappy car. He wheezed before anxiously pleading with Johnny, "Sensei, we're in deep shit right now."

"Yeah, I'm aware." He said gruffly. "There's nothing like getting a call from your enemy who claims his daughter got bitch slapped by one of my top students."

The young boy shook his head, "No, it's much worse than that."

"Oh, bullshit!" Johnny growled, causing Miguel to jump in the backseat of his car, gesturing to Hawk carrying Kat, who blacked out from what he assumed to be drinking too much booze within a few hours. "Fucking shit. What the flying fuck is this?" He threw his hands up angrily, slamming them on the scuffed steering wheel. "Did one of you assholes drug her?"

Aisha berated the group, "Nobody drugged anyone, but we need to get Kat some medical attention." She exclaimed, opening the backseat door for Hawk and Kat.

"What? No, I'm not going back to jail." Johnny's voice deepened.

Although drunk, Miguel remembered his mom's experience as a nurse, though it would mean he might get grounded. "Wait, my mom's a nurse; she's home right now. Maybe we can ask her for help." He insisted.

"Fine, that's fine. Okay, all of you fuckers, get in the car right now. We're on a highway to hell." Johnny declared, pumping his fist in the air. With this, Aisha sat in the front next to Johnny. In the backseat, Hawk held Kat in his arms while Miguel attempted to calm himself down before facing the wrath of his soon-to-be angry mother.

The ride back was awkward, with none of the teens in the car saying anything; Johnny played his 80's playlist. After about ten minutes of driving, Johnny dropped off Aisha at her street, an entire community blanketed with condos where Hawk lived at too. "So, you guys going or what?"

Hawk turned to Miguel, "Take Kat back to your house and have Ms. Díaz treat her, text me when she wakes up, and then have her call me, and if—"Aisha interrupted him, "You're slowing down her recovery, buddy. Let's go. She'll be fine." She retorted.

Although he didn't want to leave Kat with another guy, he trusted Miguel. Hawk sighed, feeling defeated, as he left the car reluctantly and walked towards his house.

"Alright, neighbor. I'll help you explain your situation with your mom, and hopefully, Kat doesn't die," Johnny said deadpan.

Again, Miguel was overwhelmed with emotion and buried his head into his hands. "She's gonna kill me, right?"

Johnny didn't respond, but he breathed a sigh of relief at the thought of seeing Carmen.