Party Crashing Teens (9)

Upon arriving at the Canyon, which was nothing more than a clean, empty beach, the Cobra Kai students, along with other uninvited teens, began talking amongst themselves, drinking a bit, with a few jumping into the cold ocean water. Aisha was the first to announce the game plan, "Demetri, go get the giant speaker," the boy nodded, running to his grandpa's older car. She turned to Kat, "set the drinks out," looking at the other teens, "and let's fucking party like it's 1984!" Aisha screamed at the top of her lungs. Everyone on the beach began dancing to the loud music that echoed across the beach without hesitation.

"So, what's her deal with the '80s?" Kat asked. To this, Hawk shrugged. "I think it's because she is obsessed with Prince's album, "Purple Rain." She nodded, understanding.

As expected, Aisha was the first to be 'officially' drunk; with Demetri claiming to be the designated driver; he chugged a few bottles of sprite instead of booze. Sitting down on a lengthy log, Kat took a few sips of cheap white wine, and to her surprise, it wasn't bitter or soured; it's sweetened with traces of what she believed to be vodka. She laughed at the idea, "that's one fucked up combination."

After an hour of partying in peace, Kat heard the bellowing laughter of their high school football team, followed by the pitchy whines of the popular kids, more specifically, Yasmine.

To Yasmine's horror, the losers, nerds, outcasts, and complete and utter peasants of West Valley High School roamed freely on HER party venue. "No! This is not happening, Kyler!" her angst turned quickly to fury, "kick them out NOW!" Kyler nodded at her request with a smug grin; his expression soured after locking eyes with Kat; he swallowed hard and paced back to the group's car.

Moon rushed to Yasmine, whose scarcely thin eyebrows furrowed at sight. She rubbed her arm to relieve her friend's pain, "It's okay, Yas. What's the harm in letting them stay? Come on, the more people here, the more fun we can have!" Moon exclaimed.

The flustered blonde yanked her arm from her friend's reach, "Whatever, Moon." She scoffed, walking away.

As the group cheered to crash the party successfully, Kat felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket. Her eyes scanned the upcoming messages on her notifications tab. Nothing. No response from Sam. Before putting her phone away, she stared blankly at the notifications tab, waiting for an answer. A few minutes passed, and nothing. She shrugged, placing her phone in her back pocket once again.

The music blasted throughout the beach; with tons of teens drinking more than their weight and others getting shit-faced, Kat decided to settle down for a bit. She watched as Miguel downed his fifth beer, looking bitterly at the sand below his feet. Kat plopped down next to Miguel, the medium-sized log hardly supporting their combined weight. "I would ask if you're okay, but I know you aren't." she whispered, gently nudging his knee with hers, "I know it's about Sam. I'm not sure who this Robby kid is, but I won't hesitate to beat his ass for you." Kat remarked, causing Miguel to lighten up and laugh. "Hey, ain't this your first time drinking, Miguel?" He stayed silent and nodded, taking a few more sips of his less than full beer bottle. "Oh, I see. Do you think you can out-drink me? Screw that, you and me, Diaz. I bet by the end of the night, I'll be more shit-faced than you!" Kat challenged.

Miguel broke from his gloomy funk with this, "Oh, yeah? Bring it on, Mills!"

Kat smirked, "Sweet. The winner gets that beef jerky package in Demetri's pants!" Miguel's face contorted at the thought. She broke down in laughter, "I'm just messing with you," she playfully punched his arm, but to him, it felt like a baseball bat smacked his shoulder.

Then, silence. Miguel could feel his breathing hitch as he watched Sam and Robby walk down the sandy slope, laughing and standing far too close for comfort. "Hold my beer," he grunted, never taking his eyes off the two.

Kat grabbed the beer bottle and nervously bit at her lip; this wouldn't end well. Not only was Miguel drunk and angry, but he had every right to be. She took a swig of Miguel's beer and handed it to one of the scrawny kids she recognized from Cobra Kai. "Hold this, and don't drink it unless you want to test positive for shit you can't pronounce." She winked, scurrying to Miguel's aid.

"You," his voice croaked as he pointed at Sam, "Where the hell were you? You didn't answer my calls, you didn't talk to me today. You started acting differently after you began hanging out with this tool," he glared at Robby.

"I couldn't respond to you because my mom took my phone!" the girl whined, folding her arms.

Miguel quickly became aggressive as the sixth beer began to override his thinking. His words began rolling off his tongue, slurred. "Oh," he exclaimed, throwing his head back, "that's so convenient!" he shouted mere inches from Sam's face.

Without hesitation, Robby quickly approached Miguel to calm him down. Instead, Miguel felt his intentions to be malicious as he pushed Robby with all the strength he could muster to the ground.

"Hey man, you wanna try that again?" Robby challenged, getting closer to Miguel. His eyes narrowed at Miguel as cheap booze radiated from his sweat glands. Shaking his head in disgust, he could identify a drunk person with ease, a skill he developed after having a deadbeat alcoholic for a father. "You need to sit down and relax. We can talk about this—"Miguel swung in Robby's direction, missing entirely and hitting Sam.

"You asshole!" Sam cried. "My dad was right about Cobra Kai, good luck at the tournament," she grunted, walking away.

Before Robby left after Sam, he took one last glance at Miguel and turned his gaze to a somewhat tall, slender but well-built girl who stood behind him. Her medium-length, wavy blonde hair framed her heart-shaped face beautifully as her dark, glossy eyes reflected the burning flame that cackled on a log of wood. Standing stiffly, his mouth hung agape while his eyes lingered over the two. Though his mind cursed and spewed every insult he knew towards Miguel, he didn't speak. Robby said nothing and ran to Sam's side.

"I am so sorry, Miguel," Kat smiled sadly. "Let's go sit down or something; we can split the beef jerky prize." She joked, tugging his arm to head back towards the party.

Miguel sighed, defeated. Allowing Kat to direct him towards an empty log, where the two sat. "You know, Miguel." He turned to look at Kat, her eyes wincing at the cackles and sizzling of the fire that burned feet away. "You are a lot like my brother," she nodded with a neutral expression, looking blankly at the flames that devoured the burning wood.

And just like that, Miguel was friend-zoned. "I do? Well, did your brother also hit his girlfriend on accident?" he chuckled, "I'd like to meet him."

"Well," Kat said, looking down at her folded hands. "If you're ever in Dallas, Texas, go to a place called Birmingham Cemetery, and follow the long, rocky trail that leads to the back of the graveyard. Keep walking, and you'll see a little headstone; it has "my littlest wolf" engraved underneath his name; Darrel M. Mills-Barlowe." She grimaced at the crackling fire, taking a swig of a nearby beer bottle.

"Shit, Kat. I'm so sorry. I didn't know—"Kat stopped him before he could continue. "No, I shouldn't have said anything. It's not your baggage to carry; it's mine." This time, Kat chugged the remainder of the beer bottle.

Miguel's eyes welled with tears, "I fucked everything up. I finally got the girl of my dreams, I don't feel useless for once, and I went and ruined everything," he whimpered while burying his head in his hands.

"I'll talk to Sam. I can't promise anything, but I will do everything in my power to unite my favorite Romeo and Juliet couple," Kat beamed, a wide smile stretching from cheek to cheek.

"On the topic of who we remind each other of, you're a lot like the joker," Miguel cried, laughed, and wheezed within a single second.

Kat gasped dramatically, "Really? That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me," she pursed her lips and heaved with uncontrollable laughter.

"Go have fun," he playfully punched her arm, "I'm tapping out of this one," Miguel sighed. He felt his phone ring in his front pocket, taking it out; it was a notification from Sensei Lawrence. "Shit, I gotta take this." Kat nodded, getting up to find Hawk.