Jailhouse Rock (46)

Kat stepped out of the Cobra Kai dojo, her mind still reeling from the encounter with Hawk

Kat stepped out of the Cobra Kai dojo, her mind still reeling from the encounter with Hawk. She quickly pulled out her phone and dialed Johnny's number, her fingers trembling slightly as she waited for him to pick up.

"Sensei," she said when he answered. "We need to talk. Kreese has become more bold with his teachings."

Johnny's voice sounded concerned on the other end of the line. "What happened, Kat? Is everyone okay?"

Kat took a deep breath, trying to steady her voice. "Kreese... he killed a mouse after our practice today. He fed it to a python. A few kids disagreed with him and left the dojo."

Johnny let out a heavy sigh. "Damn it, that sounds like that old fuck," he muttered. "He's always been twisted. I'm sorry you had to witness that."

Kat nodded, even though Johnny couldn't see her. "I'm more worried about what will happen next. Anyway, did you guys find Robby?"

Johnny's tone shifted, becoming more serious. "Yeah, I have news about Robby. We located him, and he's currently awaiting trial in juvie."

Kat's heart sank at the mention of juvie. She frowned, her concern for him evident in her voice. "Which juvie is he in? I want to visit him."

Johnny hesitated for a moment before responding. "It's the All-Valley Juvenile Detention Facility," he replied. "Daniel and the cops got him there against his will. He hates us all right now, but I've been trying to find a way to help him."

Kat's frown deepened. "I knew it was inevitable, but I didn't think it would happen so soon," she admitted, her voice filled with sadness. "I'll go see him. Thanks."

They bid each other goodbye over the phone, and Kat quickly got into her car. Before she drove away, she glanced back at the dojo, her eyes meeting Hawk's intense glare through the windows. She sighed before focusing her attention on the road ahead.

As she arrived at the All Valley Juvenile Detention Facility, Kat parked her car and made her way to the entrance. A heavyset man in a police uniform greeted her at the front desk, forcing a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Can I help you, miss?" the man asked gruffly.

Kat cleared her throat, a nervousness creeping into her voice. "I'm here to visit Robby Keene," she replied, her tone steady despite her racing heart at the thought of seeing him behind bars.

The man rolled his eyes, his patience wearing thin. He muttered under his breath, "Figures."

Confused, Kat leaned in closer. "Sorry, what did you say?"

The man sighed, clearly annoyed. "Nothing," he muttered. He handed her a stack of forms. "Just fill out these forms real quick, and I'll let Mr. Keene know he has a visitor."

Kat hurriedly took the paperwork, her hands trembling slightly. She found a nearby chair and quickly filled out the necessary information before handing the forms back to the man.