Somewhere Only We Know (36)

As Kat laid in bed, she replayed the memory of Miguel and Sam kissing. It struck a nerve in her-while she almost cheated on Hawk with Robby, she knew she needed to cut the toxic relationship and move on, and that's what she did. But, it didn't sit well with her, and the mixture of a soon-to-be hangover and guilt overcame her senses.

She raised her phone above her face and stared at the brightly lit screen: 2:33 AM. Is it wrong to tell Tory about what she saw? I mean, was it even her place to be involved? Kat sighed and tossed her phone aside.

The day after the party was suspiciously quiet. In the morning, Kat walked through the front door of the school and found students gossiping amongst themselves, but none looked in her direction. As usual, the hallways were roaring with obnoxious high school kids heading to their respective classes. And while Kat observed her surroundings, anxious to find Sam and Tory screaming at each other about cheating, the school's overhead announcement speaker turned on-emitting a loud, uncanny static.

The young girl expected to hear the principal, an older man with a hoarse voice from decades of smoking, but no-it was a young girl whose tone was laced with anger. She recognized the voice to belong to Tory.

"Samantha LaRusso, I know what you did, and now you are going to pay for it." Pause. "I'm coming for you, bitch!"

Kat clutched her bag as she began running toward her first-period classroom, one that she shared with Sam. She sprung into action as fast as she could, sprinting past large crowds of confused and other excited students. While many were unaware of the drama, almost everyone wanted a front-row seat.

After moving through herds of students, Kat finally reached Sam and Tory. The two formed a circle, like a cheetah ready to pounce on its prey. Kat caught her breath and paused, looking at Tory for a moment. "I know what Sam did was fucked up, but this isn't how we should handle this, okay? Think about your future...."

Tory flickered her glare between Sam and Kat, scoffing, "I've thought about it. I don't give a fuck what happens to me anymore. This spoilt bitch thinks she can have everything, and maybe she can, but not Miguel," Tory growled.

"Oh fuck," Kat breathed, throwing her bag aside and pushing up her sleeves. She wasn't sure which side she was on or who she would be fighting, but at this point, it didn't matter. There was no turning back.

Before Kat knew it, Tory did a spinning kick in Sam's direction, causing her to dodge her attack. After several failed attempts to punch Sam, Tory finally got a few cheap shots at the young girl. Then, kicking Sam in the gut, she sent her opponent flying backward and landing in the reach of Hawk and his minions.

"Get back in there," Hawk demanded, pushing Sam back into the fight.

Kat eyed Hawk, shaking her head in disbelief. "What a bunch of fucking cowards," she screamed. "Robby!" Kat called, "why don't you help your girlfriend," Kat croaked, wincing at the thought of Sam leading on Robby while still being in love with Miguel.

Finally, Robby pulled the two apart and slammed Tory into a nearby locker. "Sam, are you okay?" He asked.

A random kid from the crowd of students screamed, "Let her go," rushing toward Robby. As he walked closer, Robby kicked him back.

"Settle down! I'm sure we can figure something out...." He exclaimed.

Everything happened in slow motion. Miguel rushed through the crowd and floored Robby as the two slammed on the ground.

Hawk licked his lips and pumped his fists, "Oh, it is on!" He screamed, grabbing two Miyagi-Do students by the face and slamming them against the locker doors.