Dipper Pines x 14-year-old!Male!Reader (Will you be my Valentine?)

“Mabel, be serious!”

“What? I am being serious!”

“Then why are you eating toothpaste again?!”

“I-it’s sparkly…”

Dipper threw his hat across the room and watched it fall on his bed. He had never felt so nervous in his life. Mabel, who had a totally care-free personality, didn’t sweat stuff like this. Sure she was still single, but she didn’t have a problem talking to potential boyfriends.

Dipper on the other hand, did sweat stuff like this. He had changed his shirt two times already.

“Dipper, you’re getting sweaty again,” Mabel said, giggling into her hand. Her twin let out a growl of frustration. He climbed onto his bed and shoved his hat back onto his head.

“If you’re so nervous, why don’t I ask Wendy for you?” Mabel offered. Dipper grimaced. She still hasn’t figured it out yet… Dipper thought. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Mabel, it’s not Wendy I’m going to ask, okay?” he confessed. Mabel tilted her head to the side. She jumped off her bed and walked up to her brother, resting a hand on his shoulder.

“Whoever you’re going to ask, I’ll help you, okay?” she said, giving him a hug. Dipper hugged her back.

“Okay…” He murmured into her fuzzy purple sweater. Mabel pulled away and grinned, showing off her braces.

“Well, wish me luck! I’m asking [Male name]!” she exclaimed.

“Oka- WAIT WHAT?!” Dipper exclaimed. He stood rooted to the spot as he watched his sister skip out the door.

Sh-she… wha… wha… Dipper thought. He couldn’t even think in full sentences anymore.

“M-MABEL!!!!!”

~~~~~~~~~~

Dipper peeked around the corner of the wall he was hiding behind. On the other side, Mabel talking to his crush, [Male name]. He had fallen in love with the 14-year-old boy since the first time he saw him. He was what Dipper looked forward to seeing every day, since [Male name] worked at the Mystery Shack. Heck, Dipper didn’t even know he was gay until he met [Male name].

“So, what do you say? Wanna go to the Valentine’s Day dance with me?” Mabel asked. Dipper quickly peered around the corner again, wanting to know what [Male name] was going to say.

The tall (h/c) haired boy laughed and ruffled Mabel’s hair.

“I’m sorry Mabel, but I can’t. I have a certain person in mind and I was thinking of asking them today,” he answered, smiling apologetically. Mabel whined a little.

“Aw, that’s too bad. Well, I guess I’ll see you around!” Mabel said. She waved and skipped away. Dipper breathed a sigh of relief. At least it wasn’t Mabel. If it was Mabel, then he would’ve had to deal with seeing them together for the entire night… But who was the person he was going to ask? Dipper peered out again, but [Male name] was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~

For the entire day, Dipper walked around town, trying to find [Male name]. For some strange reason, he wasn’t anywhere. Dipper just couldn’t find him. So he gave up and went back to the Mystery Shack, shutting himself in his room and cursing himself for not asking [Male name] when he had the chance.

Dipper didn’t want to go to the dance anymore. What was the point if [Male name] wasn’t his date? He would just get hurt by seeing him with another person. Just then, Mabel burst into their room.