Eren Yeager x Male!Reader: Training the Trainees

“Yo! Eren!”

The dark haired male turned around, balancing a tray with food on it on his right hand and a glass of water in his left. He looked around the mess hall, trying to spot the person who had just called his name. His eyes landed on [Male name], who was waving to him. He was grinning widely, and motioning for Eren to sit in the empty seat next to him. Rolling his eyes at the other male’s childishness, he walked over and took the spot, earning many glares from the female cadets.

[Male name] smiled at Eren as he sat down next to him, and immediately he engaged in a conversation with the other male. Eren didn’t usually like talking with many people, other than Mikasa and Armin, but since the day he met [Male name], he kind of made an exception and accepted him into their trio. Mikasa was okay with it, as long as [Male name] didn’t try to hurt Eren, and Armin had already warmed up to the newcomer by then.

Many people were surprised when he joined the trio. They thought [Male name] would’ve wanted to be one of the MP, with the more agreeable/popular kids, but the moment he heard the trio were thinking of joining the scout regimen, he strut his fine ass over there and became friends with them.

Eren was as shocked as all the other people. The thing was, [Male name] was good. And by good, he was like an angel. He was smart, kind, handsome, and pretty much a jack of all trades. He was like a slightly less skilled Mikasa. He had a great sense of humor, and was always making people laugh and girls swoon without him even realizing it. There was no surprise when he made it as the second best of the class.

Eren was even more shocked, when [Male name] had become his best friend. It was almost as if he was closer than Mikasa now, and that was saying something. They were childhood friends, and not to mention both of them had seen some shit. They had killed together, and had almost been killed together.

“Yo, Eren? Hey dumbass, you even listening?” Eren was pulled out of his thoughts as (e/c) eyes stared into his turquoise ones, fingers snapping next to his ears. Eren noticed that they were almost nose to nose and he jerked back, almost falling out of his chair before catching himself. A couple people snickered and some girls at the next table giggled. [Male name] pretended to check his breath and pouted.

“Does it smell that bad?” he asked. Eren shook his head as he repositioned himself.

“No, I was just thinking, and you startled me…” he said trailing off. He felt a finger poke his cheek. He looked over with an annoyed look on his face as [Male name] smiled at him childishly, his finger still on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~Le Time Skip :3~~~~~~~~~~

“Alright trainees! It’s time for the 3DMG balance test! Keep your stance loose, and don’t fall on your face! We have two cadets here to demonstrate!” The instructor bellowed, causing many of the newbies to flinch. Eren and [Male name] stepped up, as they were the ones that were going to demonstrate.

They were strapped in, and the other cadets were in charge of the cranks, lifting the two boys up and off their feet. [Male name] kept his balance with ease, crossing his arms with a nonchalant look on his face. Eren on the other hand, still looked a little wary, obviously remembering the time he nearly got a concussion. [Male name] looked over and sensed his discomfort, taking this as a prime opportunity to do some teasing. He faced the newbies.

“Hey, even if you can’t do it on your first try, don’t worry about it. Keep trying. This guy over here fell over at least ten times. Why do you think his face is so ugly? He busted it on the ground!” he joked. Eren looked over with a somewhat outraged, confused, and horror stricken face as the trainees laughed. [Male name] simply looked over and winked.