Link x Male!Reader (Stuck)

SQUAAAAAAAAWK!

[Male name] jumped, his eyes flying open. He had been taking a peaceful nap under the shade of a tree, until this bird decided to interrupt him. The giant, bright red bird tilted its head, squawking again. It nuzzled his face gently, then hopped to the side, allowing [Male name] to stand up and stretch. He reached up and patted the loftwing's head, earning a playful nip at his pointed ear.

"Okay boy, what's up?" he asked. The bird motioned at him to follow him, and spread his magnificent wings, taking off. [Male name] laughed and ran after it, not hesitating as he jumped off a platform and whistled shrilly.

Not a second later, a (f/c) loftwing swooped under him and caught him, soaring off after the crimson loftwing.

~~~~~~~~~~

Link's loftwing was certainly flying far. [Male name] bit his lip in anticipation. Where was this bird taking him? He sighed as he absentmindedly started stroking his loftwing's head feathers. He found this as an effective way to calm both his nerves and his loftwing's.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Link's loftwing finally seemed to start slowing down. It seemed to be heading for a lone island not that far away. [Male name] frowned as he and his loftwing navigated through the air, angling down towards the little floating island.

"Link?" [Male name] called as his bird landed. He jumped off and landed in a crouched position. He looked around. The island was totally empty and pretty much devoid of all life, except for grass and a few plants.

"Link?" He called again. No response. He sighed, giving the crimson loftwing a look. It simply squawked at him and tossed its head. It sure did have an attitude. [Male name] decided to explore. Not that there was much to look at, but the island was surprisingly bigger than he had originally thought it was. He wandered about, occasionally climbing to higher places. He crested a little hill and on the other side, was a hole.

He slide down the hill and walked to the edge of the hole, peering over the edge.

"Helloooooooooo?" He called, hearing a slight echo. He frowned, until he heard the unmistakable sound of footsteps. He heard some heavy breaths as a familiar face appeared, staring up at him happily.

(Please don't hate me for what I'm about to do. ;_;)

"[Male name]? You finally showed up," Link said. His face was smudged with dirt, and his sword was covered in what was definitely slime, but he was still grinning.

"I see you've been busy," [Male name] said, chuckling. Link shook his head.

"I uh... I'm kinda stuck down here, so I've got no choice but to kill all the monsters down here before they kill me," Link explained. [Male name] raised a brow.

"You're an excellent jumper, and even if you can't reach up here, Shorty, you could at least climb," he said. Link rolled his eyes.

"Did you bring the ladder I asked for or not?" he asked, annoyed. [Male name] stared at him blankly.

"Come on, didn't I send you a letter through my loftwing?" Link asked.

"Um..." [Male name] suddenly remembered. Link's loftwing had dropped a piece of paper by his head, but he didn't bother picking it up, since he was a bit preoccupied by the actual loftwing.

"I may have missed it..." he muttered. Link threw his arms up in the air with exasperation.

"Unbelievable," he muttered, "well, at least try and lift me up, since you're so tall." [Male name] grinned sheepishly as he kneeled down at the edge of the hole and reached in. The hole was deeper than he thought it was; his arm could only reach a fourth of the way down. Link had to jump to grab his arm, and even so he had a poor grip.